Do you believe there's always hope?

It's a simple question. Do you believe there's always hope, even with things that may seem improbable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I do.
    In fact, this is what has kept me from ever going into the point of no return when I was depressed. The fact I always kept a little glimmer of hope in the unknown future stopped me from getting worse.
    In fact, I figure that if I don't believe in hope for the future... no matter how bad my situation is, it will just be worse. Why? Because I'll stop looking for oppurtunities/improvements. I'll make assumptions like "Oh there is no point in trying to get better since it never will."

For instance, I've never had a girlfriend. That being said, I think of it as "I haven't found the right person yet" instead of "I'll never find the right person."
    Just a simple change of mind can make all the difference. I mean, what happens if the right person comes along and I'm with the second mentality-- I'll assume "I have no chance :( " and I won't even try. If I don't try, of course there is no way I'd suceed at anything!

No matter how improbable any situation ever seems, hope is a fundamental ideal that I hold dear.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• There is hope :-) That's one thing about life, nothing ever stays the same. You may be down today, but the future is wide open.
    Crazy things can happen, dreams do come true. But you have to believe it's possible, you have to be willing to let it happen. If you have the belief that things can't get better, or that something will never happen, when an opportunity shows up you won't even realize it because it doesn't fit into your mold of reality.

I think it was Henry Ford who said "Whether you think you can or can't, you're right"

• Logically speaking no, not always. However I do believe in this sentence " good or bad we always have a choice, there is always a choice".

• Hope? Nope.

at least not with everything. and most of the time I feel like there is no hope for things that should be available to all humans, and citizens of earth. career, decent money, food, shelter, education and learning beyond school, equality. I don't know, but there are so many things that need to change on this earth.

• Yes, at least I hope so :P

• I haven't lived in the best circumstances, yet I'm an optimistic person!

• Well in the end hope and faith are all you have.

• Yes, when you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up.

• yes, of course

• when people allow it to be there

• Yes I do believe there is hope.

• Yes. Things can change very fast from one day to another.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on the situation. So far in life, everything has ended up alright. It may be a series of incredibly close calls, or changed plans, but normally everything works out for me. However, I usually think all hope is lost even when things aren't going badly, so I guess my low hopes sort of make all of the outcomes seem favorable.

• There is always hope. Otherwise there wouldn't be any survivors who told us their stories.

• there is always hope but I certainly can't always see it... you just have too look at it from the right angle and sometimes it takes a new voice glasses or a pair of hands covering your eyes to see it. yawns yup time to sleep

• It is in our nature as humans to always have some sort of hope no matter what. Whether it is realistic is another story.

• Quite possibly.

• For some things yes and for others no.