Is it better to be tall or short?

I am mainly asking about women being tall or short, but you can answer what it is like for guys too. Explain why.

• Tall
  • Short

Most Helpful Guy

• Tall. Tall women have longs legs they can wrap around you. They look more classy, they carry weight better and look better in clothes - there is a reason models are tall. They make perfect arm-candies. They can make an entrance and turn heads like no one else. They have this heavenly beauty that cannot be acquired just by wearing make-up or high heels - it's their stature and charisma. They have something other girls can't compete with - they have tall genetics and can give you tall kids. No amount of sleeping right or eating vegetables can compensate for lack of tall genes. They are also physically more compatible with tall men like me - easier to kiss, dance, converse etc.

It's also an advantage in the business world. Tall people in general tend to be more successful. I don't get exactly why, and it's certainly not fair, but studies have shown they get paid more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being 173cm and having long legs is a nightmare when it comes to shopping for clothes. Even the stuff that's labeled as tall is a "standard tall", meaning 2 cm above average.

Tall also means bigger feet and therefore you're stuck with ugly-ass shoes unless you're willing to pay top dollar. Nobody designs pretty shoes for big feet.

I don't shop in department stores because I know they will never have trowsers/jeans. You know why? Because the presumption is that if you're tall, that means you're fat.
    No matter what store I go to, if they have shit my length, it's always in size XXL. Wtf?

So I do all my bottoms and shoe shopping online. Can still get tops and coats in stores, though.

What Guys Said 14

• It doesn't actually matter. Being short and tall both have their plus points

• Tall for sure

• Men that are tall are more masculine and are seen as alphas. Women also tend to be attracted to taller men. Tall women on the other hand, are seen as less attractive in some parts of the world (Asia).

• Thank God I'm Tall

• I like short girls better, because for one, I'm rather on the short side and i like being taller than the girl. Also, i find short women adorable, and they usually have a sexier figure.

• It depends on what sort of men you love? Bigger than you, or a lesser height than you?

• in general, men like girls who are shorter then them, but i can say it depends on the girl, some tall girls look pretty and sexy, and some short girls look pretty and sexy, so we can not say girls must be one of the choices

• i don't care, but i guess tall if i had to pick since i'm 6'3

• I'm a guy, and guys' sexual opportunities are tied directly to it.

• i have been tall all my life so i would say it is better

• I like short girls, cause I my self am short :D.. but tall girls are good too XD

• Tall for men, and tall for women if they're able to deal with dumb social norms.

• Tall is efficient for kissing

• Tall, you always have a clear view at concerts, parties, happenings.

What Girls Said 18

• I personalyl as a female like being shorter than males, now everyone yes is a different height but i personally like to feel smaller- it makes me feel more secure and I do enjoy to be tossed around every now and then and carried to bed when I don't feel like walking haha x

• Now that's more like it... U are a genuine woman... I think i like u

• I'm a tall woman, and while I'm okay with being tall, there are a lot more downsides to it compared to being a shorter woman. @MaskedSanity outlined all the clothing problems we face on a regular basis (the jeans/pants thing bothers me the most). Then there's the issue of a smaller number of guys finding you attractive based on height alone. If there were as many guys in real life as there on on here who say they like tall girls, I'd have had an easier time getting dates. Being average height or short is more ideal.

• I think it can be a good and bad thing. As a tall girl I think its an advantage cause you can reach tall places and look over the crowd, most people tend to think you have that modelish body. Although I think it's also a disadvantage because most guys feel intimidated by you, when you wear heels you seem like a giant.

• It's better to just be an awesome person. I personally like being short because it suits me, but I think being tall suits some girls. So I can't choose.

• i didn't know it was 'better' to be one height than another lol.

• i prefer to be short (i'm 5'4) as i love wearing heels! so even if i wear 3 inches tall heels, i'll still be round 5'6 and most guys are generally taller than that so all good!
    but if i was 5'6... i'd end up becoming I don't know 5'8 with heels on and I don't know i wouldn't like being as tall as my boyfriend with heels on... i'd prefer him to be a little taller even when i wear heels

• I'm 5'11 and I like being tall. I can easily reach for things and I have long legs and I enjoy being the first one noticed when I walk into a room. It's quite empowering.

• tall with long legs is better in my book

you can reach for things
    you look nice in long dresses
    you're eligible for most modeling jobs
    and among people of my ethnicity, they envy you

i wouldn't mind be a couple inches taller

• Tall, mainly because I like to date guys that are shorter than me :)
    (but unfortunately I'm 5' 5" :( )

• I'm 5'7 and I'm medium height for a girl but, I'd rather be short. Guys always go after the cute short girls not the tall ones.

• not for me. my preference is 5'6" and up. it helps to have a taller girlfriend when you are a tall guy

• I'm 5'1 and I feel guys go for taller girls... especially the tall guys I like.

• For me, I want to be taller. I'm 5'9" but I'm an athlete so being taller helps me in volleyball and basketball.

• I'm 5'1, and I'd prefer if I was at least 5'7.

Sometimes, being short, people tend not to notice you and think you're easier to push around.

• I like being short

• I would rather be on the taller side then be short.

• Each has its own benefits.

• Tall.

I'm 5'0 and I don't like it, feels like everyone likes tall better. :p

• Short because you can fir I to small places!

• "The grass is always greener on the other side" ik ik ik... But i am short (5'2") and i think being tall is generally better ha. Well i can only speak for myself, some women would think being short is more comfortable for them. For me, it would he having the long legs, the height might make me feel more in control and powerful. I would feel more grown up and mature. People will always assume i am so young because i'm short. My friend has a younger face but since she is tall, she is always mistaken for a senior or something. I have a more grown face yet i am seen as a 12 year old... :/