Growing up were you the bully, bullied, protector or neutral?

• Bully
  • Bullied
  • Protector
  • Neutral

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• I was slightly veryyy slightly bullied when I was 11, but not really after that... I was actually the Protector, I hated it when bullies annoyed the new kids so I always talked to them, either befriended them or found a way to set them up with someone with the same interests... I used to set up friendships a lot in HS lol

• i am ashamed to say so but until the age of like 10 i was the bully... i was treated like a princess at school, a lot of guys of my grade had crushes on me (+ I was 'dating' lmao the most popular and strongest guy of my grade) & i also knew a lot of girls/guys from the upper grade...

but after the age of 10... something changed in me... i just didn't like the way we treated some girls... especially after we made a girl cry by throwing stuff at her and not allowing her to come inside the school...
    the day after i saw her cry, i completely changed. i went up to her, said i was sorry and wished to become her friend. i became her protector after that...
    in middle school and high school, i'd protect my friends if i could because some of them were bullied...

but i wasn't bullied so far...

• All.

I was bullied as a child then my dad gave me a life lesson and then I was the bully to the bullies.

• what life lesson was that?

• @paestejo - and the way that worked for me was to bully back. To one up them.

I get the impression, though, that you're antibully and anti children handling it on their own and probably anti corporal punishment too.

• You can only bully back by saying the "right" things... is what I meant. Every situation is different, so you need to be mentally sharp and pick up on what's happening to come up with the right thing to say.

No I'm not against any of it.

• I was builled by a bunch of guys who made me grow hate for guys in general. Now I realize I don't hate guys I hate guy like those!

• Depending on what phase in my life I was in at the time I'd say all of the above. Now I'm just under the radar and I like it like that,

• I was mostly neutral, but a few times I did get bullied as well.

• I've always befriended my bullies growing up, plus I was kind of a bully towards my sisters because I loved teasing them! Well, Let's just say they got revenge towards me when we were teenagers lol

• Physically Bullied my first year of high school and then i put a stop to it my punching my bully till she fainted since then I'm the protector

• All 3. I was bullied, then I learned to fight back and then I made their lives as shit as I could. When I was a senior I tried to stop the more hardcore bullying like random beat down and shit but eh.

• bullied AND protector

• I was bullied and the protector.

• I have huge muscles for my age so if my friends get into a bind they send me into war!!! 🙅🏼

• The bullied from grades 4th-7th and a bit in 8th grade.

• for the most part neutral, but there were 3-4 isitance when some troubeled new kids liked to attact the only non-white in the class.. the worse part i didint do anything to them, at all... so i have forgiven them now, both of them came from broken homes (fostercare) in addition to at they are fat and ugly lol XD

• When a bitch fucks with my friends , i would beat that ass. I dont tolerate bullies at all and i always stand up for everyone and myself.

What Guys Said 26

• All of the above. I grew during the 20th century when things were still normal. Bullying is part of growing up. Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail. I pushed around weaker kids, bigger kids pushed me around, people stepped to me in defense of other kids, I stepped up and defended kids to other "bullies." I just feel like "bullying" gets thrown around so loosely. Everybody is fucking "bullied" now. Everything I was involved with, I'd still say i wasn't a bully and was never bullied. It's just that sometimes you whip someone's ass, another day you find yourself on the wrong end of it. And not to sound insensitive, but not for nothing, nobody was killing themselves or shooting up the school back then. You took shit and you gave shit, whether physical or verbal. I guess the cyber-bullying aspect changes the game some, but that to me is the height of being a pussy. If you're going to bully someone, do it to their face so they can decide if today is the day they snap and beat your nose flat. Don't get me wrong, I feel for people that are severely emotionally affected, but I still can't ignore that it never used to be like this. It still happened, but the responses were much different, and frankly, better.

• I was bullied a lot in grammar school but bulked up in Jr High and stopped letting others feel they had me down when one day I said to hell with it and knocked the schools bad ass out with one punch. That day not only did I gain a lot of respect but sort of took on the protecter roll

• Honestly I was bullied a lot. I think people knew I didn't like fighting. I never fought in my own defense so people took advantage of that. I don't like to hurt anyone even if they've hurt me. I'm the same way even today. I'm a lover not a fighter :p

Luckily I was always much bigger than my bullies so they couldn't hurt me much. I always figured they probably had poor home lives or something that made them react in such a way and I didn't want to be unsympathetic to that. Do I care too much for people? Probably but I don't want to compromise on my morals.

• i was bullied for a period of time (1-2 years) until i stood up for myself and fought back, otherwise neutral. i've never had an urge to pick on anyone and despise the bullies who do that.

• Told people to leave kids alone also helped that I was 205lbs in high school. Growing up abused really makes you more protective of other people's well being

• All of the above.

• Until 5th grade, I was the bully. I wasn't a bad person, but I had anger issues.

Through 5th and 6th grade, I was neutral. (Maybe even the bullied, but it didn't bother me at all.)

Through 7th and now in 8th, I like to consider myself a protector. I definitely play the role of protector for my friends, being taller and heavier than any of them, and pretty much everyone in the grade. (My heaviest friend is 185lbs, and he's the captain of the football team. I weigh about 250. My tallest friend is 5'10, but I am 6'0. I'm very, very broad.)

• I was a bully before I went to Middle School. Then I became neutral and friendly to everyone. I was even friends with those I bullied.

• Mostly neutral but did get bullied a little bit. I am not into bullying because I don't see the good out of it.

• I think I was the bullied?

Well I was more to myself, didn't really talk much so they DID try to pick on me by starting to talk crap, but I didn't really care or gave a reaction so they stopped right away, like just few days.
    I was also good in soccer and drawing so that gave also some points

• I was a dick throughout my entire school experience, but I never bullied anyone. I started shit with kids who bullied others, didn't always work out in my or their favor but I never stood around letting someone get picked on.

• I was bullied in middle school, until I fought back and then I was bully free for the rest of my school life

• Honestly, none of the above. At my school, there really ISN'T any bullying. Everyone likes everyone, there are jokes thrown around, and in the end we all are together. No protecting or bullying to do.

• Protector. I have no problems or think twice about standing up for someone getting picked on.

• I think most of us were all of these at some point. It's all part of the growing up and maturing process.

• Bullied, but then I sort of became immune to it. No one bothers bullying me because I'm sarcastic to a point where they just go away.

• I never let others bully me. They would try but I would make fun of them too :P I was also kind of a protector too when it was possible.

• i was bullied but instead of letting it get to me i channeled my anger and learned valuble lessons from it

now i can almost be unrelenting and have stronger willed than other who feel the need to try to put me down and win the mental games >:D

• I was seriously bullied in my kindergarten years. After kindergarten I became pretty Ball-zee and started to make a stand and even defended my fallow geeks. Geeks Unite for a Better Tomorrow.

• Not too much bulling happening when I grew up.
    Innocent bystander / spectator.

• Experienced in everything mentioned above.

• I'm bullied, but not directly. More like, purposefully excluded from any social circle in my school.

• I was lucky, I didn't see much bullying.

• Initially I was the bully. After middle school I started getting bullied. But I have mostly been neutral.

Now I'm learning about life... even though I don't bully others, when I should be bullying them. I don't protect anyone. Those who get bullied deserve it.

• I was bullied and became the bully. But I grew out of that phase and became the protector. If I see bullying, I put the asshole in his place. Although, by nature i am neutral

• Got bullied once or twice, but I was the type to retaliate, so that shit stopped dead in its tracks.