Can I Get Some Help With Quitting Weed?

So I love to smoke... It's been about 5 years that I do on and off but lately I get crazy headaches and feel paranoid when I do n then I feel like crap all day. Oh and I can not control my munchies at all!! Which is horrible because I can't put on weight at all :( I got to a point where I was smoking every day (which wouldn't bother me if I didn't have the side effects) and then I quit for 5 months n then started again n then I quit for 2 months but was under a lot of stress so I started again and now I quit for a month n started smoking last week but I don't want to anymore so I got rid of all my pipes and all that. Now if you've ever quit you know that you feel like shit for at least a week if not longer... Does anyone have advice on how to cope or what I can do to ease the shitty feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wean yourself off of smoking it, cold turkey is hard no matter the addictive substance. Then throw the rest out and have something that'll snap you out of wanting to buy more, like "I need this money for ____" or you could do the slap on the wrist with a rubber band trick. When you're stressed out and want to go back then substitute it with something else. For me when I'm stressed I chew a lot of gum.

Good luck!

• Thanks for the input but unfortunately I can't do the slowly weaning off of it... I've tried before... Cold turkey is the only way that really works for me

• Sounds to me like you need a natural high. For stresses maybe take up a relaxing hobby or even just soak in a bath for a while. Speaking from an artists perspective I find that working on art in the evening/night my mind is more open because the day is over and there isn't really anything calling to my immediate attention so maybe you can try that as well.

• Well that's how it was until it started making me paranoid n giving me headaches n causing crazy munchies

What Girls Said 1

• I would advise going cold turkey unless you've got a bullet proof will power. Get heaps of sleep, eat well, and do other things when you have the craving. If the scare tactic works for you, a friend of mine began becoming paranoid on it and now she has been diagnosed as schizophrenic, so that'll motivate you. Try replacing weed with something else, like whenever you get a craving you do or eat a certain thing instead. If it gets really hard seek some advice from an addiction professional.

What Guys Said 2

• I go through regular periods of going months without touching to clear my body and mind of it and I get what you mean, it usually lasts a week or two with me as well. I've found the best thing to do is just ease off of it and not cut it cold turkey so by the time you do stop it really isn't that bad.

• Go to your local clinic and seek advice. If you are in the UK talk to FRANK. He'll help you out.