I feel like moving away to a remote island, what are some possible options?

I'm ashamed of my Western Civillization. Therefore, I'm considering a relocation to a remote tropical island in the Carribean. What would be the most affordable?

For Example: Living in the Virgin Islands.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think the Caribbean would help much. The islands in the Caribbean are all considered 'Western Civilization' too. They are pretty much all full of the descendants of Western European powers, mostly British, French and Spanish, with a couple Dutch islands in there for flavour. So most of their organizational structures follow similar patterns.

From other posts you have had, I know you are an incredibly strong believer in Christianity, so if you are wanting to go somewhere that has other people that share your beliefs (and I imagine that probably has a lot to do with you being upset with western civ) then you are going to have to look for areas with a high religious population, but that are still Western, because Western Civilization was what spread Christianity around the globe. I mean, going somewhere off the coast of India isn't going to help you feel like you fit in if everyone is a different ethnicity, speaks a different language, and has a radically different religion.

You will also need to look into things like immigration and stuff. It's not as easy as just... moving somewhere. That's simply being an illegal immigrant.

Keep in mind, thought, that the United States has the largest population of Christians in the world.

Also keep in mind, remote paradise islands are generally going to cost more than remote areas in the mainland US. You could probably find a small town somewhere in the midwest that was ultra-Christian and really cheap, which would let you feel like you were surrounded by peers. I would think that would have the highest chance of you being able to be around people that think like you. It's not as romantic a concept, but it's probably the only way to feel like people all think like you do, and it would be affordable.

If you are simply looking for the cheapest place in the Caribbean to get away from it all for a while though, I think Negril, in Jamaica, is one of the cheapest. CuraƧao is supposedly really affordable as well.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• If you have the money you can buy your own island.
    www.privateislandsonline.com/.../small-island-atlantic-coast
    That site mostly lists expensive islands. You'll have to look around to find the cheap ones. With a remote island the hard part would be getting food and fresh water. Most of the cheap ones don't have any buildings either, so you'd have to ship supplies to build a house. If you really want to stay cheap and do the word yourself, you could probably buy and island and build a *small* house for under 100-150K.

• I hope you are trolling. But in case you're not make sure you pack enough rum and

Drink up me hearties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

• I'm not. I'm seriously thinking about it.

• I would suggest remote mountain as safer and more affordable alternative as you wouldn't have to leave the country.

• the most affordable? Little Diomede Island will becheapest:

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../16190+Diomede+Islands.png

Or this: www.realestate.co.nz/.../herald-island

• You could always just drop off the grid in your own country. Or move onto a sail boat and only work a few months a year to resupply, still need tourist visa's and shit though when you travel. Could live in an RV or van the same way you could a sail boat. Could go WOOFING, just a few ideas off the top of my head.

I've thought a lot about doing this as well the last few years, just haven't decided how to do it yet is all.

• most affordable probably somewhere in africa

• Come on, @thegingersnap16! Why don't you move somewhere where people will appreciate you.

• isle of man

• Near Australia

• my place babygirl ;)

• Only rich people can buy an island but Fiji is small enough if want to live there

What Girls Said 6

• I want to go to the Carribean to explore the coral reefs!
    encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images

• I'll join you. But we still need wi-Fi so we can GaG.

• There's are some places in the Pacific that need teachers, you can go there and help them while at the same time getting away from civilisation.

• Well depends on what you can work as

• Moving to Australia can help!.

• Moving away won't fix it