Why do so many people have the Victim Complex?

I've noticed it's very common amongst blacks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people can't handle the fact that they are responsible for their own life and it is easier to put the blame on others instead of accepting you have to work for your own fortune, well-being and happiness.

For blacks it seems to be more common, because they are being coddled as the ultimative victims for something which happened a few decades ago.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some of them are lazy and others are legitimately victimized,

What Guys Said 3

• victim complex? that's a new one.

this site cracks me up w/ all the formal labels for how someone is acting.

• What victim complex?
    If there is, and I can't say there is, it must come from being victimized via slavery, social segregation, corporate slavery, etc.
    If anything, I think middle/upper class whites have a victim complex. They are always complaining about stupid shit.

• because of generations of them telling themselves that they are victims

What Girls Said 3

• Not everyone who complains about injustices or inequalities necessarily has a complex, so be careful with that label. It is important to be mindful of struggles of different groups, but it is also important to not be bogged down by them or use them as an excuse throughout life.

• Because everyone wants an excuse for their actions. Very few people are actually confident enough to accept their mistakes and flaws are exactly that - theirs.

• *sigh. Its a problem. Well, "victims" get financial assistance. And lots of it. Also, if you claim that if someone is acting like a victim (when they're not) you are automatically the one with the problem. If you say that blacks have a victim complex, you are a racist, or if you yourself are black, an Uncle Tom.