I live in the UK. I've always had a manual, I passed my test in one, it's the normal type of car. But I always hear on American shows that "driving stick" is something impressive. To me it's totally normal.
Now I'm aware car enthusastis will be able to drive manually, but how many "common folk" can? Do you think you could? Have you tried?
- Yes I could drive a manual - I do already48% (12)67% (24)59% (36)Vote
- Yes I think I could drive a manual - I've tried before and I have an automatic0% (0)11% (4)7% (4)Vote
- Yes I think I could - Never tried though8% (2)8% (3)8% (5)Vote
- No I've always had an automatic24% (6)6% (2)13% (8)Vote
- I don't have a car/ever driven a car.20% (5)8% (3)13% (8)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I'm somewhere in the gray area between "car enthusiast" and "common folk". I am a fan of several cars and know a thing or two about them, but, I never learned how to drive a manual.
That being said, I do believe I could learn it, it's not like it's rocket science. Plenty of people have learned to drive manuals so I think it's a very learnable skill.
Also my favorite car happens to be offered mostly in manual. Older versions had manuals and automatics but the modern ones are manual only. So I'd better be able to figure it out! ;)0
- Show AllShow Less