Who is your favorite woman from American history?

With the name, not just This Person's mother

I got 2 answers so far. One is Polish and one is a guy.
Please be respectful and leave porn stars out of this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Helen Keller. Being able to recieve a degree while blind and deaf requires a special kind of badassery.

Most Helpful Girl

• My favorite will change every now and then, but right now it's Nelly Bly. She was a muckraker (Journalist) who would do so much to unveil the evil of corrupt businesses. She even went as far as to be admitted to an insane asylum, and in the end she got more money donations to go towards clothing and better food for the people inside, and got many abusive nurses fired. (Writing/journalism are my passions, so that explains why I idolize her so much)

What Guys Said 17

• For me it would have to be Marie Curie. Such a brilliant woman who in a sense sacraficed herself to advance science further than it ever would have been without her.

• Any Americans in mind?

• Ah I know... i had a professor discuss those experiments in lecture, and he ended by asking if it was ethical to use the information obtained through those experiments... it definitely divided the class lol.

• Look into a little book called Pernkopf Anatomy if you care that much. But I will agree that most of what they did had no useful results.

• Harriet Tubman definitely #1
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    Billie Holliday

• Gilda Radner was my first celeb crush and the funniest female comic I've ever seen. I was devastated when she died.
    cdn.splitsider.com/.../gilda_radner.jpg

• Hmm. Jane Addams was cool, I guess.

• Amelia Earhart, definetly.

• Clara Lemlich
    Rosa Parks

but mostly

Thousands of anonymous women who changed history through their actions.

• Wonder Woman.

• Maya Angelou or Audrey Hepburn

• Benedict Arnold.

• or Barack Obama.

• While i may admit that i me calling them a girl was slightly old fashioned, it is a proper expression of their political integrity.
      Overall, i can't really debate this because it was my bad. Im sort of lost for words at my own idiocy.
      However, i will have you know that this was merely an incident in which my common sense failed me.

• Betsy Ross is probably my favorite since she created the original flag.

• Lisa Simpson

• Eleanor Roosevelt.

• Marilyn Monroe

• uhhh i don't know. i can't think of any lololololol

• My girlfriend.

• Marilyn Monroe. Because she had scandalous sex and died from an overdose -- and women consider her a role model.

• I was just thinking about this sort of answers. A hate filled rant. Makes me want to die. Wish I could kill us both.

• Linda Lovelace.
    " Deep throat. "
    She wrote the book.

What Girls Said 10

• Susan B. Anthony
    Sojourner Truth
    Elizabeth Cady Stanton
    Dorothea Dix
    Clara Barton
    Martha Washington

• When i was little Amelia Earhart was my idol. I loved her drive and ambition and wanted to be as fearless as her. She still is my idol and plan on getting my six year old niece to learn about her.

• Phillis Wheatley

• I loved Clara Barton, Amelia Earhart, and Audrey Hepburn. And as for the anon hating on Marilyn Monroe, just remember her IQ was over 140 I think it was 168

• He won't understand. Probably just one of the bitter losers of GaG

• Don't know American history and I'm not ashamed to say it

• With that being said, asker, who is your favourite woman from American history?

• Quoting Tumblr:

HARRIET TUBMAN ESCAPED FROM SLAVERY AND THEN WENT BACK TO GET OTHERS. LIKE, I KNOW YOU KNOW WHO HARRIET TUBMAN IS AND THAT SHE DID THAT, BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO TAKE THAT IN FOR A SECOND.

HARRIET TUBMAN WAS HELD CAPTIVE AND BOUND TO UNPAID, BACK-BREAKING LABOR SINCE BIRTH UNDER PENALTY OF TORTURE OR DEATH. SHE MANAGED TO ESCAPE THAT LIFE, AND SHE TURNED THE FUCK AROUND AND WENT THE FUCK BACK TO GET EVERYONE ELSE WHO WAS STILL TRAPPED IN IT. AND THEN SHE DID IT AGAIN EIGHTEEN MORE TIMES.

WHEN ABRAHAM LINCOLN WAS UNSURE WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS PREPARED TO MAKE A STAND AGAINST SLAVERY, HARRIET TUBMAN BASICALLY SAID HE SHOULD STOP BEING SUCH A DIAPER BABY AND THAT GUYS WHO ARE TOO SCARED TO END SLAVERY DON’T DESERVE TO WIN WARS.

• NOT ONLY DID SHE SECRET OVER 300 SLAVES TO FREEDOM ON THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD, BUT SHE ACTED AS A SPY FOR THE UNION ARMY DURING THE CIVIL WAR, AND BECAME THE FIRST WOMAN TO LEAD AN ARMED ASSAULT IN THE CIVIL WAR. THAT RAID BROUGHT

• Meryl Streep

• Susan B Anthony is a star in my book :)

• Angelina Jolie
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    Harriet Tubman
    Amelia Earhart
    Liz Taylor

• John Brown

• Clara Barton and Juliette Gordon Low for founding two iconic American nonprofits. Nelly Bly for being a journalistic badass. Harriet Tubman for her dedication and bravery. Sally Ride for being a cool astronaut.