Question for victims of rape/sexual assault, did you fight back against your attacker and are you glad you did/didn't?

I didn't, he told me that if "I was a good little girl" I wouldn't get hurt so I didn't fight back, but even though I didn't when he was done having his way with me he physically assualted me anyway. Afterward I could hardly even walk and I regret not fighting back :'(

• I did fight back and I'm glad I did
  • I did fight back and wish that I didn't
  • I didn't fight back and I'm glad I didn't
  • I didn't fight back and wish that I did
  • Other
  • I'm not a victim of sexual assault

Most Helpful Guy

• Who would regret fighting back? And who would be glad they didn't fight back? :|

• Also I'm really sorry that you went through that :( That's beyond fucked up

Most Helpful Girl

• This doesn't really count as sexual assault, but I feel it worth mentioning anyway. One time when I was on a cruise, there was a guy who tried to feel me up while playing murder in the dark with a group of friends (I was 15 at the time). It was pitch black because it was an inside cabin and he had me cornered. At first I thought it was an accident but even when I pushed him away and slapped his hands he kept coming back. He was persistent in attacking me and I just kept pushing him away and trying to get out of the corner despite his best efforts. Eventually, he let me go because I was causing a scene in our group of 'friends'. So I'm glad I fought. But then again this was with a teenage boy and not an adult male hell bent on raping me.

• yeah you were lucky. When it's a no it should be a no. I don't see that's so good about someone forcing their way while the girl is in fear and doesn't want it.

What Guys Said 1

• You did what you thought was best. You had no idea what he would have done had you fought back.

What Girls Said 1

• Luckily I've never been a victim of sexual assault. I can't imagine what it must have felt for those that went that ordeal.