What's the difference between cute and pretty?

If people see you as someone cute (in terms of looks), does that mean you are not pretty? I read somewhere that being cute, or hot doesn't necessarily pertain to being pretty or good looking. Is this true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes its true. If you're cute, then it's kinda just mean that you have a face that looks very appealing and bright like a baby. But pretty is more like being attractive to people. So if you're cute, you may not be pretty to people. Therefore if I am right, everyone should have different definition of pretty people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally think cute is better than pretty because cute implies things about your personality. Pretty is strictly on the outside, meaning you have an attractive face. It doesn't need to be anything outrageously beautiful, it could be average, but still attractive nonetheless. Cute means you're attractive all around, similar to beautiful but not quite as in depth. Someone who's cute has an attractive face, nice smile, and a warm personality. A cute person is adorable and they make you feel good when you're around them. Hot/Sexy are probably the least complimentary in my eyes. Those two just scream sex, there's no substance, no character, just sex. Beautiful applies to the person all around. Wonderful heart and soul, attractive face and body, good nature kind and sweet person. Beautiful is the most complimentary title you could receive as it also talks about your wonderful character in addition to your awe-inspiring good looks. Stunning/gorgeous are only looks based. Nothing to do with character but means you are jaw droppingly attractive. So attractive it's hard to believe. if I could rate these terms from least to greatest it would be:
    Hot/Sexy, Pretty, Cute, Stunning/Gorgeous, Beautiful.

What Guys Said 5

• The difference between cute and hot is in the face for me.
    A cute face has more rounder and subtle features, while hot girls have sharper features. This is my opinion though, and both types of girls are perfect

• For me it makes no difference

• oh wait nvm... second thought. Cute is cute, like cats! Like I just want to hug them, something like that

Pretty to me is more like beautiful

• Cute is usually big eyes, small nose. And pretty means more balanced facial features in my opinion.

• Cute is in the smile and eyes to me. Pretty is your overall face.

• There's two types of cute!

Cute Pretty and Awwwwww Cute

What Girls Said 2

• Cute is a bit close to pretty but not completely.

• Not true... my boyfriend calls me cute, pretty, sexy etc but he also tells me I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. To him cute means all those same things. It doesn't mean you're not attractive or not as good looking