Why do people always say that the Palestinians are religious extremists who believe that we have a divine right to the land of Palestine?

When it's the zionists who say that their GOD gave them our land, the right to evict us from our homes, bulldoze our houses, and build their settlements on our property

@ 1:16-1:22

When we (the Palestinians) say we have the right to it (not because any diety "gave it to us") because we have the ACTUAL deeds to our property and the keys to our homes ?

Most Helpful Guy

• A nation state by the name of Israel was founded somewhere in the 1300's BCE. That's two thousand years before Islam. The Jews built most of the cities there and ruled until the Romans came. After the Romans the land's ownership switched hands multiple times but all in all the Arabs have been there far less than the Jews.

Essentially the entire thing with Palestinians is like this - an Jew has been living in his house when one day an Italian takes it over and proclaims it as his own. The Italian leaves and then multiple people claim the house while the Jew travels the world. Again. But the Jew one day comes back to his old home and finds out that an Arab has settled there at the moment.

• News flash: all the houses from antiquity are gone, but we still have the ACTUAL deeds to our houses and there were multiple ethnicities living in Palestine under roman rule, not just Jews.

• Again, in war neither side is innocent there will be civilian casualties, but in many cases there is still a blatant aggressor. This started in 1917 with Britain (the first people) promising the land to a second people (the zionists) the land that belonged to a third people (the palestinians) to create a state for the Jewish people (a religious groups). Now I think anyone can see that that's a blatant injustice but there are many nations that were founded on injustices (including the one I live in) but that doesn't mean that they should be eliminated now that they exist. It does however mean that they should stop expanding and occupying the lands. And as long as you illegally occupy other's land the fault only lies with you. "but as an European I still hold on to the belief that the Middle East is screwed up regardless of who oppresses who" What do you mean as a European?

• "but in many cases there is still a blatant aggressor"
      You just said that neither is innocent.

Yes, Israel should indeed stop expanding. But then again they are surrounded by multiple hostile nations, all of which outnumber then. They have the incentive to expand, unfortunately.

By that I mean that the only thing I ever hear about the Middle East (as an outsider to it) is war and thus whenever someone says "oh in the Middle East X is oppressing Y" and my (and most other's responses here) are, "And? What else is new there?"

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• There was never a nation known as Palestine. That area was controlled by the Ottomans for centuries - it's populated by people having all kind of DNA - including everything from Arab to Christian to Jew.

Maybe you guys should have accepted the UN Partition plan in 1947? The Jews accepted it but you guys didn't and declared war on Israel - along with every Arab state in the Middle East.

• There is a nation of Palestine now. " including everything from Arab to Christian to Jew." "Arab" is an ethnic group while Christians and Jews are members of a religious group and there are many Arab Christians.
      Why should we have accepted it. This didn't start in 1947 but in 1917 with the Balfour Declaration that promised the land of Palestine to the zionists. And do you not consider a 1st people (the British) giving the land to a 2nd people (the zionists) the land that actually belonged to a third people (the Palestinians) an injustice from the start?

• You know - I'm just going to stop this here and now. There is no arguing with you - you're set in your mind due to years of "Jew hating" propaganda your parents put into your heads. You can come on here and condemn the Jews... but I'm doing a search here and I can't find a single question or "my take" from you condemning the Palestinians who are out there kniving innocent people right in front of their kids.

Soooo... tata!

• Israel is still killing far more Palestinians today and now you're just throwing the "JEW HATING" thing out as a personal attack because you can't accept reality.

• The simple answer is "religious propaganda"

• Both sets of people are as bad as each other; they're both morons who are fighting and dying for soil.

• I'm going to let you in on a secret soil is inanimate, it isn't "alive" "dying" or "dead" but it is the land we hold the deeds to our homes to and like everyone else we want the right to live in our homes without having to worry about them getting bulldozed the next day.

• I'd just like to say that it has been a pleasure discussing this contentious subject matter with you. I must rest now and I probably won't be replying to any more of your messages, but good luck and carry on championing the cause behind your computer screen.

• 1. I did indeed look at it from one side of the fence; from the side that the Palestinians were living in overcrowded conditions while looking at the lavish settlements that the zionists built on their property.
      2. Yeah Israel is surrounded by enemies, and do you know why? Because it's done so much to wrong it's neighbors.
      3. The only way their will be peace is when Israel stops occupying our lands which the UN condemned as illegal.

• Probably because back in Roman times when the term Palestinian was created it was referring to the jews who inhabited the area, and the modern Palestinians showed up over a millenia later acting like they owned the place.

• 1. You live in the US and yet you've got an attitude like that
      2. Yes we "act like we own the place" because we have thee deed to our property and the keys to our homes as opposed to some obscure historical claim.

• I don't really care what happens over there. But I really don't understand why you people just can't get over your suit.

• Thing is any piece of land on the planet is not inhabited by the direct descendants of the people who first lived there with the possible exception of some south Pacific and Indian ocean islands. People are all living on land they chased someone else off of. The whole concept of ownership of land by ethnic groups is irrational and deeply strange.

What I'm trying to say is from the sane world's perspective you are both about equally crazy.

• No we are not, we have the deeds to our lands and the keys to our homes that we were forced off of.

• So how would you feel if someone tried to force you off your land and claim it as theirs?

• Truthfully? If they didn't want to give me a settlement I thought was worth the land and the trouble I'd been put to, I'd fight (in law and if that didn't work by whatever means looked like it might) them to the degree I could without incurring more loss than the land was worth. If the damage I was doing to myself by fighting was greater than the value of the land I would move on with my life as best I could. In other words the land is no different than it's financial value as far as I'm concerned. That strikes me as the sane attitude.

What Girls Said 0