How would YOU react if someone seriously pulled you aside and asked if you were GAY?

Or lesbian?

Your reaction?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 33

• I have been asked before by a girl if I were a lesbian or if I would like her to make me into one. I just smiled at her and told her I wasn't, but that if I had been I would definitely take her home with me. We talked and laughed for the rest of the evening; she was amazing. I was more flattered than offended. I guess it depends on why the person is asking and whether or not they are attracted to you? I would think the best way to find out if a person is or isn't would be to just ask them. Personally, I think 'gay' is a spectrum... we're all on the spectrum, somewhere between 0% and 100%.

• I agree, and the studies show, that we are on a continuum from 0-100%, but a gay woman I spoke with got very, very, upset with me when I said this, so I'm keeping my head down - so to speak.

• 2|2
  • I've already been asked if I was a lesbian like 30 times in my life.

• How do you feel about that?

• At first I was offended, and now I say "Yes, I am a lesbian, but only for my female celeb favorites."

• I would probably laugh.. i don't know why.. and I'll tell them No..

• I had that before since my clothing style can be a bit on the casual and tomboyish side. I say no and go on with my day.

• I'd give a seductive smile, bite my lip and tell them to come closer. And then I will whisper in their ear "No, I am not."

• I'd say, "No, I'm bisexual." :)

• People have asked me that twice this year, once because I went to a Pride event and another because I was out eating with my friend with short hair (that's all it takes, haha)

And in both instances, especially the last, I just said no. It's not a big deal, and I wouldn't be/wasn't upset. Just a question.

• Lol depends the female that's asking me , if she sexy I would tell her that for her I'm a lesbian ;p haha

• I would say you didn't know! What are you blind I am totally lesbian! hahhaha

• "no"

*filler

• You wouldn't wonder if they thought you acted gay?

• Not really, I don't think people of a sexual orientation all act the same.

• this happened to me a few times already lol... i just give a blank stare to the person and continue my way

• "Um... no? Have a nice day."

• I'd simply tell them that I am not. I may wonder why, but I don't know if I would actually ask that.

• thank you for noticing!

• women assume I'm a lesbian a lot. I have no idea why, but I just tell them no and move on. I take no offense to it.

I've never had a random stranger, other than women hitting on me, ask though.

• I'd ask: "Who wants to know; your mama? Ahahaha." If someone hasn't volunteered information about themselves, including their sexuality, it's none of your business, very bad manners to be so nosey.

• "😳😂 Umm yeah 😉"

And watch there face melt *evil laugh enters brain*

• How many times a year do you and your SO have sex and whats your favorite position? Oh thats personal? Well, bitch, so is my sexual orientation, and if I wanted you to know then I would have told you. You are strictly on a need to know basis, and that info is something you dont need to know.

Have a great day, you privacy invading asswipe.

• This happened to me twice recently. I just said "umm actually no." And at first I didn't care but after the second time I started questioning my fashion choices... Like am I giving off a vibe or what is going on?

• I can kinda see how someone would think that. I think I'd act nonchalant about it and tell them that I'm not.

• OMG when I was in middle school these two girls constantly asked me that and they would not leave me the hell alone. Like they made it their personal mission to get me to say I was gay. I am not a lesbian but its none of their damn business

• I'm pansexual so I'd be like yea why

• I'd say yes I'm a faggot now kiss me

• Just reply with "no"

• I'd tell them Im not but it's fine if they ask, I don't mind.

• I would say I am straighter than a hair straightener.

• I'm gay.. For you <3

• I've been asked because my cousin I'm close to is a lesbian with lots of pals, so I hang with a lot of girls who like girls. It's no biggie. My cousin and her friends are mostly cute and feminine, as well, so I don't think you can judge anything about yourself if people question you.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 28

• "fuck naw nigga" while giving that em a death stare treehouse.alphabity.com/.../lolligans.gif

• I would start laughing, and respond with a polite, "No, I am not."

• I've been asked that, even proposed. I just say I don't swing that way

• Only cool response I've read on this page.

"Gay" is so not an insult.

• i'd say "wouldnt you like to know big boy ;) ;) "
    (no homo lmao)
    god im in a weird mood right now guys

• This has happened to me twice. Typically it's a new friend who doesn't understand. I therefore reply "No, get the fuck out of here haha"

• I would just say "That's none of your concern", and walk along!

• If it were a girl I'd think she had the hots for me
    If it were a guy I would also think he had the hots for me

• I'd simply say no

• Them: "Are you gay?"
    Me: "Why? Are you interested or something? I have that affect on people, you know?"

• It's happened to me before. I just tell them no, and out of curiosity, ask them why they would think that

• I would just say No lol. Have a look of bewilderment and confusion. Probably ask why they think I might be or need to ask. Then leave.

But if it's a stranger I would just look bewildered, say no and then leave

• I'd say 'No', smile and shrug.

• Depends if they want a real explanation or a quick one. The quick one is:
    Eh, [Shrug] I'm open-minded. :)

• I would reply no I am not.

• I'd tell them the truth:

That, although I like girls, I also like to look at guys. Not date, kiss, or bone. Just look.

• I would play along. Its kinda funny to be honest.

• I would say "Just because I dress better than you doesn't mean that I'm gay."

• I'd just say I'm not. I'd be stunned that they thought it though lol

• "No I'm not. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

• I wouldn't react much.

• I'm pretty sure 90% of the people I talk to think I'm gay.

• If a girl pulled me aside and told me I was lesbian I'd say, "Why yes! Yes! I am!"

ROFLMFAO

• "If you mean gay as in the old English word, which means "happy", than yes, I'm very gay today, thank you. I like women though"

• Number one, why do you care? Number two, no I am not.

• laugh it off, and pretend it never happened.

• I would push them hard, and say fuck off

• "Why does it matter if I am or not?"

• Id ask them if they were mentally ill.