Does anyone have the "I still look like a little kid syndrome"?

I'm turning 27 and many people still think I'm in high school, ffs. I'm 5'9, skinny @ 125, my face looks young and I'm not very big framed. Yep, sucks... but also a blessing I guess.

• Yep I have that
  • No I don't
  • answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Guilty! I'm 21 but I've had numerous people approach me at my job and telling me I look 12-15. I even had a middle school teacher yell at me to go to the movie because they thought I was part of their school. I politely told I'm I work there, held up my badge for proof, and walked away.

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'9 260 broad shoulders and chest and a mustache so no...

What Girls Said 31

• When you drop your younger brother off at middle school science olympiad and get mistaken for his younger sibling...

• I'm only 19 so it's pretty normal for me to look quite young right now but I can get away with child's tickets on the train and bus and stuff like that if necessary.

• I was mistaken as a 16 year old by a woman one time. She was looking for teenagers in need of money to watch her dogs after she left for vacation. (No she was not some pedo, she eventually found someone else).

• YES sir! lol but I am okay with it.

• I don't look like a kid at all, but I am always assumed to be college aged though I turn 27 in two months. I have a fuller face and am petite so that's probably why. Not a big deal, it doesn't change anything except for the fact that I'm not into college aged men

• I kinda wish I did. Haha!!! I think for females looking younger is a good thing. For guys, not so much...

• I'm 20 and have been told that I look about 16/17. I personally feel like my face has matured a bit since high school, but my body is exactly the same -- very thin and boyish looking. To add to that, I have a very shy personality.

• I'm 5'10",114lbs so people used to always guess me older but now I often hear "you look 16" and have to show my ID if I wanna get into a bar while most of my friends are just allowed through and shit like that and I really hate it - I'd rather look sexy as opposed to a girl in puberty 😖😝

• yup. i look like i'm still in high school. but how i dress can really make a big difference.

• True maybe I should start dressing up. I definitely still dress like Im in high school, very casual. Some jeans, a top and some sneakers

• yup! change up that wardrobe... buy a top hat and a monocle! :p

• Yep I have that

• unless i wear makeup people think i'm not 20 yet lol

• Some think I am a freshman. I like it though. :)

• Not to that extent. But I look like I could anywhere between 16 and 25, depending on who you ask.

• I get told usually about 19-21

• That's not too bad. At least they don't think you're still going through puberty. But if you have to show your id every time you want to get a drink, then I can see how that would be annoying.

• I don't even have a baby face, but I get called 16 all the time.
    I hate it.
    It's probably because I'm long and gangly.

• haha, people constantly assume I'm still in high school or college. I love it! except when it's a teenage boy hitting on me.

• Yes.

I get mistaken for 15-18. My bfs friends were like isn't she a bit young for you. We are the same age.

• Nope, when I was fourteen people thought I was eighteen, which was cool then. Now that I'm nineteen and I get mistaken for twenty-five, not so cool.

• it's nice when hot 19 year olds want to date you because they think you're their age.
    it sucks when they get pissed that you let them believe you're their age.
    cops thinking you're a minor also sucks.

• I'm almost 17 and I look like I'm 11 because of my "baby face". But on the bright side, I can get away with a lot of things... I just have to pout my lips a bit and get puppy eyes and people forget why were they even mad at me, ha ha.

• I've been told I look like 13 plenty of times but poeple here on gag said I look mostly like 16-17 so I guess I do look younger but not much younger. :)

• Yes. Unfortunately. We can't go to any bars, if I dont have my ID. Or else they won't serve. I always get comments on how I still look fifteen. :P

• I have it, and I'm always mistaken for someone through the ages of 11-15. :T

• I look 15 on a good day lol

• I either look 19 or 12, especially on camera (like video chat) there's no in between.

• I'm a high school sophomore and people think I'm in college...

• I sat next to an exit seat on a plane and a flight attendant asked me if I was over 14

• When your chest is flatter than your mother's cutting board.

• I still act like a kid, making me look like one, Ariana grande I think actually looks like a kid

• Pics or it did not happen

• lol shoot me :P
    the same here

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 34

• I USED to have that. I don't any more. Maybe it's too many flecks of gray hair.

I used to be able to get into movies by buying cheaper tickets because I looked much younger than I was. That was cool.

I don't drink a lot, so I'm not often carded, so it doesn't really matter much to me, though now I kind of wish I could be confused for being younger (like 25-28, not 15.)

When I was 25, a "friend" convinced some of the waitresses (cute, by the way), that I was it was my 16th birthday. So they gather around and sing happy birthday (I'm like "I hate you.") Great. Now they're convinced I'm a young teen, and I've been an adult for 4 years, at least.

It's caught up to me. Not all bad, but still.

• Yeah. I'm 21 and look about 16-17, plus I'm 5'6'' so that doesn't help.

• I certainly don't look like a little kid. My action and personality that make people thin I younger than I am.

• I'm 25 and got carded (I live in Australia where the legal age is 18) just 2 weeks ago so I think that explains it. I also get carded about 25% of the time I go to watch a rated R movie lol.

• Oh yes I do ! Sometimes peoole ask me for my age but just today a man offered me cigarettes because I helped him out , so i guess he must have seen I am no kid.

Last year I had to show my ID when I bought beer - I have changed an awful lot in my face from 19 to 20 ... I still see myself as my 16 yeat old self which looked 13 at most -.-

• I think my age is difficult to guess

• I also noticed that I get looked at a lot and very often in public. I'm fairly tall but I suppose it is rather because of my odd bone structure. In restaurants I have eaten at, the staff know what I like to eaz since they just remeber my face. I don't even need to show my membership IDs - others who go to the same place again and again still haveto show theirs... Nonethrless I need to get used to my new appearance +

• Yep yep yep lol but I'm kinda happy because at least I'll look young for a long time haha

• Well, when I was 12 some people thought I looked 16. When I was about 15-16 people thought I look 18-21. And now I still look like that pretty much, but I cut my hair shorter and most people think that makes me look older.

• Fortunately I don't. But I did look way younger than I was up until 18. But ever since I started working out things changed gradually.

• My situation is funny. Half the time I look my age but half the time I look younger. Half the people tell me I look my age but half the people tell me I look much younger than my age. I wonder if it's anything to do with facial. Although, when I do have facial hair people have told me I still look younger underneath the scruff. Plus, I'm shorter than you so that probably adds to the problem.

• Work out and grow a stubble

• I'm 22 and just a week ago we shared pics during reunion of classmates. I looked same in pic from 2008. I don't know whether it's good or not.

• I have that, I'm 30 and barely look old enough to drink in America. :)

• I have it! I hate so much. People always say I look like I'm 16 or 15. It's straight off infuriating. 😠😣

• Own it, dude. Sure it may suck to feel dehumanized at age 27 when people think you're a high schooler. But in the long run you'll age better than the rest of us as we all get older.

• Nearly 29, going on 18 according to some.

• You will like that aspect of yourself when you get my age. Enjoy it.

• for the last 3 years, i have had people misjudge my age. most people believe that i am 18+. so no, i am the opposite

• Facially, yes. I only start to look my age when I stop shaving, otherwise I look 14-15.

• I can't tell from just a description. Regardless some girls like that look. when your old you will be glad

• Yep I did have that

• Have you tried growing facial hair? Might help.

• When I was 16 people thought I was 18.
    Drinks lads?

• That's why I have a beard. I look 10 years younger without it.

• Lol, all the time. I am 24 and people tell me I look like I am 17 or 18. Its a good thing though. And I am 180 pounds, muscular build standing at 5'7", so its all good, definitely take that as a compliment.

• I could easily go for someone who is 15 I'd say x[

• No I got the 'Still look like I'm in college look' which I have no problems with.

• I have the opposite problem. I'm 26, but most people think I'm in my 40s.

• People think I'm in college (which starts at 18 here) even though I'm still in high school.

• yep im 24 and look like a 18 year old it its nicebut gets anoying at times -_-

• i look like i am 17-18

• More from Guys
    4