Do you like mac & cheese🍴? If so how do you make it creamy and cheesy?

Is it the pasta? Is it the chesse?

Most Helpful Guy

• definitely the cheese. my wife makes amazing make and cheese. look up how to make a cheese roux. it's basically just cheese and milk cooked at a very low heat. the milk helps to add creaminess to the cheese as it melts. I think my wife adds a little flour that helps to thicken the mixture. then you pour the milk over the boiled pasta and toss it in the oven.

• Thanks I never thought about it that way! Thank you

• just a correction. obviously you drain the boiled pasta then you pour the roux (milk, cheese, flour mix) over the pasta and put in the oven.

we like to get a little fancy sometimes, maybe add bacon or mushrooms to the mix when you bake it all

Most Helpful Girl

• I love Mac and cheese! To make it creamy I add a bit more milk and butter than recommended, and I actually add some shredded cheese while I'm mixing the noodles and the sauce together for some extra cheesiness.

What Guys Said 10

• Use milk, not butter, and grate some extra cheese into it when you add the powder mix (assuming you're using KD)

• i actually do like mac and cheese. i haven't ate in a day and a half because i ate so much mac and cheese on Saturday. i can act like a real fat kid sometimes.

• The trick with mac and cheese is all in melted cheese in the sauce!

• hmm really?

• Cream based sauce by itself isn't that creamy texture mac and cheese is known for. The melted yellow cheeses is the source of mac and cheese's awesomeness. :-D

• So many food questions!

And yes I literally commit genocide to get my mac n cheese.

• Find my next question will be about! Do you think OrdinaryGentleman is fine gentleman? lol

• LMAO, its going to get reported, and kicked not by me but by everyone else. Have fun with that:P
      But to answer you question of if i am a gentleman, yes I am. I like to joke around a lot but I am probably the gentlest person on here.

• lol... I figured! hahahah! no I won't... hahah

• I want it!!!

Gimme gimme gimme! 🍴🍽

• Extra milk and butter, obviously. Azuregirl is correct

• Ya gotta make a REAL cheese sauce! :D

Start with a rue and use actual tasty cheese!

• Mmmmmmm.. yea I love me dome mac n cheese XD.

• It's the Sauce. I use heavy cream and butter along with my cheese mixture to make mine extra creamy

• I don't like mac & cheese.

What Girls Said 13