Why society comdemns a woman chasing after rich man but it's ok with men chasing after pretty woman?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well most people pursue those they are attracted to, that's completely normal and there's nothing wrong with that. Going after a man specifically because he has money... that's different. You don't care for that person, you care for their monetary value and the idea of being bought off essentially, which has nothing to do with love or attraction. It's financial gain.

What Guys Said 15

• don't we all "chase" people we think are pretty? does anyone chase or even pursue a person they don't find attractive?

I don't really know that we are comparing comparable things.

it is wrong to pursue a person simply because of their wealth. it is not wrong to pursue someone you find attractive. finding your partner attractive is evolutionarily speaking necessary

• Because physical attraction is innate and stays with you, while dating someone for their monetary assets just means you are using them to fortify your financial state.

Essentially, one is more selfish and dehumanizing than the other.

• Stays with me? What if I get old and ugly? That's not going to stay with me

• You will cheat one way or another for another beauty

• That would be due to feeling unloved and undesired and neglected and dissatisfied, not for the sake of physical exterior.

• Because we made this concept of money. It is artificial, there was no such thing like money, a few thosand years ago.
    On the other hand , getting attracted to attractive guys/girls is a natural thing. Okay here is some deep ass shit ," it's embedded in our DNA to prefer pretty girls / handsome men because the children produced in the process would also be good looking and they would find the opposite sex more easily, thereby increasing the population hence ensuring the survival of the species." The species always comes first."

Attraction to money cannot be linked with this logic, it's just assosiated with an overwhelming greed of a person. And greed can never be a good quality.

• its different. pretty women are pretty naturally people are not naturally rich. put it this way nobody gets upset at a young pretty women marrying a young intelligent man with earning potential. thats because he is intelligent and has potential naturally. i guess people just dont like fakeness.

• But why can't u stick with one beauty why you skip one beauty to another? That's greed

• not true at all why are you making things up?

• I will pretend loving her even after her beauty is gone but you will be drooling at young fresh girls all along and you will fuck them if you have money. It's so obvious

• Lol that didn't make any sense, dont you chase after cute guys? And i dont think there's anything wrong with you liking someone that has a lot of money as long as you like him for him not his money xD

• Because it's not the same. One uses the other's hard work, while the other benefits for the nature of that person. No one condems a woman for chasing after a handsome man.
    Stop being a gold digger and maoe your own money.

• Society doesn't condemn chasing a rich man, it's normal. It's just hilarious when the motivation becomes so obvious, such as when she is smoking hot and he is old and 300 lb.

• Go for a pretty girl and it doesnt' work out it doesn't ruin your life because no money loss would be involved. Go after a rich man divorce him and take his money would ruin his life.

• Beauty can be ruined and lost just like money

• yeah but the person can move on with being buried in debt it could never go away plus on top of alimony having to constantly its like having a debt forever.

• Society doesn't condemn women chasing after rich men -- we just acknowledge that it happens, and point out that women don't chase after men who are poor.

• Looks are something you're born with.
    Wealth is generally something you earn.

• In a way wealth is born with as well I don't want to go to detail about it. It's called inheritance. And beauty can be earned and lost just like money. Besides if you are obsessed with it fucking around everywhere it's same as money. It's greed. You are greedy about beauty and fulfilling your greed about beauty, youth, satisfaction. So chasing after beauty is exactly the same as chasing after money.

• I'm not taking into account men that were lucky to crawl out of a rich vagina.

In any case, wealth generally has to be earned, while looks are generally (do I need to stress "generally"?) is something you're born with. In this scenario a woman sells herself (or her natural resource: beauty) to a highest bidder, which is generally frowned upon. Afterwards, after sale, she'll be just a leech that will lose it's value as her resource fades due to to age, yet will continue to drain resources out of man. Additionally, man's wealth will be used to slow down the process of her devaluation.
      While a man just spends his resource that he had to earn (wealth) to get beauty. Earning money isn't an easy thing: besides, while beauty will definitely go away as time passes, wealth under right management will not fade away, but that requires skills, wisdom and brains to uphold, while beauty doesn't.

Do you get my point now?

• Is it society condemning women or is it men condemning women for chasing a rich man.
    And why would you want a man just because he's rich?

• cos you shold be old enough to figure this out...

• Society doesn't condemn men chasing after rich women either. But it does condemn women chasing after good looking men. Its not a fair comparison.

• I meant t say condemns not doesn't. And doesn't condemn women chasing...

• It's because people don't understand that when women crave financial stability it's just as biological as when men crave young pretty girls. Most men don't care about a woman's financial status so they assume that is all a woman is after. They go after pretty girls because that is innate and they see it as biology, completely blind to the fact that women evolved to want a partner who will take care of the kids etc. which is just as biological. I'm not talking about gold diggers, I'm talking about basic need many women have - they look for a partner they can have a family with which includes their kids being taken care of. Of course they are more likely to want to nest with a guy who'll provide a better nest lol.

Having said that, my girlfriend sure loved me even before I had anything material to offer. She never cared about money at all.

• Women have always chased after rich, powerful guys. Everybody knows this except you.

• Men always chase after beauty making all women in poverty if she is not beauty forcing every women into prostitution

What Girls Said 8

• The two are not the same thing at all.

• It's the same thing if men cheat lie hurt other people to get it either beauty or money

• What about men cheating with hundreds of women?

• There are different reasons for that and I wouldn't know them since I don't know what is going in their lives, to make them do this.

• cause it's the man's world
    this is not the first or the only thing that make women downgrading compared to men
    I think choosing someone cause of looks is superficial and choosing someone cause of money is materialistic, so none of is moraly right, so none of it is better than the other. Sure, if both people are not having problem with it, why others would, it's their choice

• Beauty and wealth are two different things.

With wealth, sometimes people add greed to it.
    So if you go after a rich guy , they might think you are greedy or something.

It goes for both men and women.

As for beauty, I don't know.
    You eventually get used to the same face I believe , if that is the only thing you go after.

• Go on any sugar daddy website and you will see young attractive men looking for sugar mommies too. And the rich people fall for it!

• well the guys on this end of things will tell you "because i can't change my biology and have to go after pretty girls it doesn't make me shallow but girls going after rich guys is shallow". maybe it's because they aren't rich

• I don't know why women do that its just how we are.

• I would guess it's because you can eventually form a relationship with someone that's attractive and slowly it gets to the point you're not just with them because of their looks but because of the person they are.

In regards to just being after someone's money, you'll never really be with them for their personality nor how attractive they are, but just for item: money.

• It's more socially acceptable to find someone attractive for their looks rather than their money.

• What about men leaving her or cheating after she gets old and ugly? That's going to happen and women have to spend so much money on Beaty product and surgery? Isn't that what they encouraged?