Does anyone else hate this argument conservatives make about gay marriage?

okay i am a democrat but im not a huge liberal. i support gay rights but i am not overly passionate about it. i will never go out and make a speech for gay rights or anything like that i just dont care about the issue of gay marriage at all get married dont get married i dont care. however i do care when conservatives make this ridicilous argument that if gay marriage is legal people will start marrying their pets or their siblings. i mean beastility and incest are illegal being gay is not. and gay people have been fighting for the right to get married for hundreads of years and it was always in the media when have you ever seen people marching or protesting for the right to marry their pets or their siblings. i mean saying that if we give one group of people civil rights that we have to give everyone that right. thats like me saying well if we allow women to vote cats and dogs will start voting and if we allow black people to play proffesional baseball than we will have to allow blind people and people with no arms to play baseball ( i know women can vote and black people can play pro baseball i am just using them as examples) so what do you think about this

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Girl

• They are just being illogical and over-dramatic I've seen them say "well if we accept gays then we should accept pedophiles too then! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?". When morally Gay couples are not hurting anyone at all by being together they have both equally chosen to be together and their lives are enriched by doing so. With pedophiles the child has no say in the matter and is being hurt. I am seriously concerned for these conservative jerks if they can't tell the difference between a loving relationship and one that is built on inequality manipulation, and abuse of someone with less power.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• THE primary point about gays getting married was shoved down our throats by the media and gays that two people who love each other should be allowed to marry. It is THE most stupid argument to use to justify gay marriage. Nonetheless, this is what the liberal media pushed as well as MANY outspoken gays.

Take that argument (point/reason about 2 people who love each other) to the next level and then you'll have people demanding that consensual incest should be legal - and allowed to marry. Followed right up with those who want polygamy, and equally pushing their agenda - those who want polyamory (multiple males and females in a group relationship).

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it's also a logical fallacy know as the slippery slope fallacy. It's incredibly stupid.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Debate isn't your strong suit, is it?

0|0
    0|0
    • huh what do you mean i can debate why

• I don't think they are completely off base, the biggest argument for gay marriage was they should have the right to love who ever they want. why wouldn't this argument be valid in things like incest, pedophilia or polygamy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, they already have legal incest in a lot of red states. It took three times to pass a bill banning incest in florida.
    Glass houses Republicans, glass houses

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea i agree. That argument is total bs. Im not pro gay or anything. I dont even care if gay marriage is legal in my country or not, but that argument is like saying 'if i allow 18 yr olds to drink alcohol then i have to let babies drink alcohol too'.

0|0
    0|0