How are you when it comes to apologising?

I know there are some people who find it difficult to apologise. Sometimes some people have never made an apology in their whole entire life. Others have been apologetic for no apparent reason.

I just wanted to know, if you knew you were in the wrong, do you acknowledge it straight away or be in total denial about it?

• I know I was in the wrong, I apologise straight away
  • I know I was in the wrong, I don't apologise (total denial)
  • I've never apologised in my entire life
  • I'm the one who keeps apologising for no apparent reason
  • I apologise so the situation doesn't drag out for longer (don't want to argue)
  • It depends/See results

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry but I can't answer that. Sorry if that frustrates you. I'm sorry for making you feel that way. If my apology isn't enough, then I'm sorry for that, too. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for all my excessive apologies.

;)

• HAHAHA i see what you did there bluemax!!! cheeky

• I'm sorry for being cheeky, Mooky. And I'm sorry for those who didn't get MHO. And I am sorry for saying "sorry " too much

• That's ok Bluemax 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I always apologize because it's childish to defend yourself when you're clearly wrong. I will only try to prove myself innocent when I'm actually innocent.

What Guys Said 30

• I don't like losing an argument, so if I see the slightest chance to win that argument or prove that I'm right, I won't apologize. If they've clearly proven me wrong, I will apologize.
    When it comes to doing something wrong, I will apologize immediately, like bumping into someone, or stuff like that.

• It depends if whether or not I was in the wrong.

• If I am in the wrong I will apologise but I expect others to do the same for me if they do something wrong. I don't have any time or patience for people that don't take responsibility for their actions or admit when they are in the wrong. If I had a girlfriend that refused to take responsibility for her actions and apologise when she was in the wrong she would eventually end up dumped.

• Speaking of apologising. I think Apple have some of it to do after how they treated those boys in one of their Melbourne stores.

• So if your friend said to you "Hey, why don't we go shopping for 8 hours, get our nails done etc etc" you would be like "no thanks."

• I don't really get my nails done haha but shopping yeah sure

• They have to really PROVE I was wrong before I'll formally apologize.

• Recently someone pretty much has FORCED me to apologize for bad behavior...

• Wow a life full of dramas 😐

• Not that dramatic, more like embarrassing!

• I'll come clean and take the L if they won't throw it back in my face.
    But if they do "Oh alright, well if it's like that you should... (a whole lot of shit talk) "

• Absolutely A... we all make mistakes or do stupid things, a sincere apology is worth a lot :D
    I don't hesitate to say sorry when I've done wrong, I even like it!

• That's very nice of you Hans :)

• Hans! I've had the hat for a while! But it was gathering dust in my cupboard and I thought why not wear it 😬 I got compliments on it which was nice. And I walked into work this morning having some of the girls bringing out there summer hats. Haha could of opened a hat shop by the amounts of it!

• Maybe a business opportunity! Make a business case and go for it :D 8)

• I apologize very easily lol

• If I did something wrong, I take responsibility for it and apologize, if necessary. If I believe I was right, I stand up for myself.

• i'd rather apologize just to move on with my life than dealing with shit that's not important to me. but i also apologize if i'm wrong.

• Thisbisbme apologizing "I'm sorrey if you somehow interpreted my actions/words in an offensive manner"

• It depends, I will if I know I was wrong, but if the person wronged me then I have a hard time apologizing.

• I tend to apologize more often than I actually need to but it's usually only when I thin I've done something wrong (I get that feeling quickly)

• Aww Yumix. What happens if it wasn't your fault? Will you still apologise anyway?

• Nah if I know it wasn't my fault then I won't apologize :)

• I apologize as soon as I'm calm about it, and typically need to time whatsoever to be aside from arguments. 🙂

• Fairy good about it.

• I'm pretty good at making little mistakes, and I'm even better about owning up to em.

• If i was in the wrong and i knew it
    i wouldn't say sorry.. that word is hard for me to say I don't know why
    but id say "oh.. my bad"

• I like to dwell on it a little and think it through because I want my apology to be truly sincere.

• I agree, sometimes i take to long and it tends to drag out more then necessary, making the situation worst unfortunately.

• I'm really sorry, but I'm just no good at apologizing.

• If I know I was in the wrong, I apologise straight away. If I don't think I was in the wrong, I don't apologise, and I'm not going to just to avoid an argument.

• I clicked on the first one until I read them all and realized I was the one who keeps on apologizing for no reason.

• I only apologize if I was wrong.

• Not very good, I am usually a narcissist.

• I've made it a point in my life to make sure everything I do and say is with intent. I don't say whatever comes to mind or do something spur of the moment. If I say or do something I mean it. With that said I very rarely apologize for anything.

• If I was wrong, I own up to it right away

• If i was wrong ill admit it and say im sorry if im not wrong then im not wrong

• voted - E LOL

• I'm sooooooo fucking stubborn , So u can guess..

• no, it's a weakness never to apologise.

• Think before saying or dong anything ! then Apologizing is stupid

• Never too proud to apologise

What Girls Said 29

• My family doesn't say sorry. We elect to keep to ourselves for like a week and then the issue is considered resolved.

If we fight with each other we go off to stew and then after a week we act like nothing happened. No one says sorry for anything.

• Does it bother you that your family is like that?

• Not really, no. Apologies are awkward. We don't like being that open with people. We're more of the It-Happened-Get-Over-It people.

• i don't apologize easily, because i don't believe in saying i'm sorry if i'm not. however, i know when it's warranted and will cop to it if i've legit hurt someone i love.

that said~ i am responsible only for my words and not your selective interpretation thereof. if you twist my words to suit your purpose, you're trying way too hard to be offended, and i don't give a shit about your delicate sensitivities.

• I take things for it's literal meaning. No need to worry.

• I apologize when I know I've been in the wrong. And even if I don't think I've been in the wrong, I might apologize because I don't want a fight or anything similar to jeopardize my friendship/relationship with someone. However I'm not a pushover, if I start to realize that I'm always the one apologizing for everything despite the fact that it might not have been my fault directly, then that friendship/relationship is not worth having or being in anymore. I want to surround myself with people who can admit when they're wrong and apologize for it. If I'm the only one trying to save the friendship, then it's clearly not worth saving.

• I'm okay, but not the best. ill end up apologising but sometimes it takes me a little while before i can say it. working on it. always.

• It depends on whether or not I'm right.
    A lot of times I will think that I'm right, even if I'm not.
    And when I find out that I'm wrong, I don't apologize right away because my pride gets wounded and I don't like to admit it.
    But I always do apologize.

My fiance hears a lot of "remember earlier today when we argued about... well, I was wrong and I'm sorry." Then we'll laugh it off. He says that I'm very stubborn, which is true.

• If I'm not in the wrong then I won't back down at all unless they can really prove me wrong.

Sometimes I do have issues admitting I was wrong even though I know I was. Which is petty and stupid. Plus I have a hard time knowing how to truly apologize. The biggest thing about it is I have a problem where I keep repeating the same mistakes. I don't do it on purpose but i keep doing it. So after a point I feel like apologizing ends up not being enough even if I am sorry. Why should they trust my apology when I keep repeating the same mistakes. :(

• *hugs* it's ok, I am the same when it comes to this topic of conversation

• Me in the wrong? NEVERRRRR
    Jk, I actually really suck at apologies I don't know why exactly, but it's really hard for me to apologize :(

• It depends! If I act like an asswhole to someone that didn't desever it I feel bad and I say I am sorry i ignored you or I am sorry I said that I am a total Bitch! LOL but I never apologize for how I feel! My feeling are mines.

• If I feel I'm in the wrong or did something I shouldn't have, I will apologize. At times, I will be that person saying I'm sorry for no reason. That's usually because I am harder on myself (like most people) and the other person really didn't care or notice whatever I thought I did wrong.

• I use to be really apologetic for things out of my control, however if its my fault it usually takes me a bit to actually muster up the courage to admit what I did was wrong. I fully know when I am, I just hate it.

• I apologise if I feel I have hurt a friend, because I value my friendship more than my pride. I'm not an arrogant person , so I never go into denial if I know I'm in the wrong.

• I only apologize when I feel like it. I'm very blunt and I say exactly how I feel so it's your choice on how you take it. My opinion will remain my opinion whether or not you're offended. I will apologize if I truly feel sorry about what I said or when offering condolences to other people such as "I'm sorry for your loss" etc and yes I do mean that when I say it :) I rarely apologize for what I say but if I step on your shoes or knock you I say sorry. Every time I go to the supermarket I'm saying sorry mostly because I daydream so I'll be in someone's way or I'll push out my cart at the same time lol T. T

• Hehe bumper carts in the supermarket! That's happened to me before. And it happens when I've gone blank and trying to gather what I needed to get 😅

• Right it's embarrassing lol O. o

• Haha never! It happens to the better of us haha

• It's not easy to get an apology out of me because I speak the truth, but in the cases that I am wrong or or I have offended someone I'm not afraid to apologize. I just say what I 've to say and they can rake it or leave it.

• It depends on if the person rubs me the wrong way or not. If it's someone I genuinely care about and don't mind talking to them then I'm quick to apologize.

But if it's someone I don't really know and don't care for then I won't apologize.

• Well, it depends, if I were wrong I would apologize BUT it also depends on the person... Like if he/she were stubborn as hell and were sooo damn annoying I'm gonna be even, more stubborn and I might not apologize 😅😆

• I voted F. For me to apologize, I have to really mean it before I can say it and actually know I was in the wrong and sometimes that might take a little while.

• If I know it's my fault then I apologise. I'm not afraid and nor do I have a huge ego to avoid giving an apology.

But yea, I ain't apologising if it ain't my fault. No matter what, it ain't happening. I once did to save a friendship and got burned for it even though it wasn't my fault to begin with. I learnt something that day

• Very bad, I stutter a lot.

• I'm the kind of person who apologises all the time (yep one of them people) in England people tend to apologise a lot, once I bumped into this guy on my way to work and he apologised even though I was the one who had bumped into him and nearly made him fall over (just one example among many). However now when it comes to arguments and I am not in the wrong I will not apologise for something I don't believe in or that I didn't do for example, if it creates bad blood though I will call for a truce.

• If I know I was wrong, I apologize about 50% of the time. Otherwise, I won't apologize. Prioritizing relationships over being right is admirable, of course, but I won't go down that route. I won't let people walk all over me, they do that enough as it is. So if they overreacted or are otherwise wrong, they can apologize to me or they can act grumpy as long as it takes. I don't care.

• If i know i am wrong, i just simply apologize. Apologizing is not easy but it means you are strong enough to accept the truth.

• It depends on whether I was wrong or not. If I'm being forced to apologize and don't feel like it then I won't.

• If I'm wrong, I apologize. No need to make drama.
    I actually say "sorry" more than I should.

• I apologize right away.

• I apologize very often, even if I don't mean it.

• Yea I acknowledge it but that doesn t mean I like it.
    I hate being proven wrong :p

• I apologize when I am wrong but I never ask for apology out of obligation.
    For eg : I never apologize just because my teacher, superior, patents, etc. Think I am wrong and force me to apologize to satisfy their ego.

• I say sorry ALL the time!!! Can't help it, i say it like its my favorite word or something lol

• I don't find it difficult, I always apologize when I'm wrong.