Would you think those grades are satisfactory if your HS freshman kid got them?

(Those are classes in my country, probably not in yours except #1)

English (Foreign Language): 100 (A)
Language & Expression: 83 (B)
Literature: 78 (C+)

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Er, yes? What happens if they are deemed unsatisfactory, do you brick him up inside an old coke oven?

0|0
    0|0
    • I make them work in a factory making iPhones in China

Most Helpful Girl

• Those aren't bad grades. I wouldn't be happy if they were all D's and F's, but these are fine.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I'd be proud I am not gonna be one of those asshole parents.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• The c worries me. I would understand if the c was in a foreign language class, but my hobbies are mostly literature based, so I would be slightly disappointed if my child didn't even make it to a B. I wouldn't lock him/her in a room or something, just talk it over and ask what they need extra help with

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i think there good.
    work just a little bit harder and you could totaly bring that c up to a b-

1|0
    0|0
  • I had C in Spanish in Freshman year. My parents were satisfied as they only focused on subjects like math, science.

But I was the one who wasn't satisfied.

0|0
    0|0
    • Your parents are the worst. I hate people who only value natural sciences. What's life without art, cultures and history?

• Oh man, I don't know why I get mad when I hear things like that. :p I liked that they didn't care about the language class. Less pressure and I fixed my grade on my own pace.

They do get impressed by my art/paintings so they don't completely ignore it. They just don't care much about the grades for those. :)