Would you continue to read it?

Please kindly state your reason (s) as to why you chose to continue to read it OR stopped right there immediately.
Would you continue to read it?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Not because I'm scared of what my future would be, but because time is a very fragile and unstable thing. And if I were to find out things about my future, just me knowing would cause my future to change and likely not in a good way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course, first of all I would definitely see what mistakes I made.. And learn from the past, I would remember the people that were by my side, I would see what I achieved so far and what I should or shouldn't do... Besides it will be fun 😜😁 oh and good question 😏👌

What Guys Said 31

• I'd stop reading, immediately!
    Several questions would arise about the nature of the book.
    The potential in the answers to those questions is too disturbing to continue.
    For instance:
    --What is the context my Biography was assessed in?
    Being impossible to document all the minutia, which details were omitted and which were included? A favoritism would surely permeate the content.
    --Why would I not be chosen as the authority to author such a documentation?
    --Had my life been so closely monitored, why was there no intervention for the horrors I've endured? My Belief was diminished from what I could draw no other conclusion from: Being punished by Christ, at absolutely every attempt to become closer to Him. I don't want to feel that way, but this book would even reinforce my abandonment of Faith. Now, I can't imagine the presence of a Grace being there my entire life.
    --So, where else would the book originate from? Surely not a benevolent caste.
    Reviewing an interpretation of my life could be constructive, however the disruptions it would initiate from contemplating it's source and intent... far outweigh what good might be gleaned from it. I'd engage in an iconically- Historical gesture of desecration.
    I'd burn the book.

• It depends on whether or not it is mutable. If its unchanging their is no reason to read ahead, if it is ever changing then yes because you could find a better way (barring the possibility that all your attempts to change something results in it happening).

• interesting.

yes I probably would. I wouldn't necessarily believe that because they sort of knew my life up until that point that they were accurately forecasting my future

• Why not? It would be interesting to see if it did indeed predict the future so I'd as least read it to past the point where I got the book. If it did that would certainly resolve the question of determinism.

• Yes! I'd want to know what would happen. Perhaps I could try to change the bad things since I'd know the future.

• NoThe future is that I become Queen of gag ofc... lol

• @gunny007 nope there is only room for a queen !! You are to serve loyalty! Bow to your precious ruler and saver chosen by thee gag gods !!!

• Happily bowed!!! But I hope you live in a suite! ;)

• I would keep it for safe keeping. I was feeling a bit destructive, I would read the page where the person handed me the book to cause a paradox. If I needed advice, I would read the page of the time I am currently in. It would basically be a way for my to cheat life.

• Sure
    Coz I think I can live my life in few hours by reading that book then try to live it in a different way (not interested in changing the good or bad thing only wanna figure out a how I can live life more freely compared to that book) and begin the battle I will be able to do that or not!!!
    If you don't mind I would like to know what would be your decision N why?

• I'm 26 so so it would take years to finish the book, so I wouldn't read the whole book, but I would skim through it for the interesting parts.

• Wouldn't I just get to a part were I'm just reading about my life?

Lol.

Even if I read it, I wouldn't trust it, besides, If I knew what was supposed to happen to me, I could make a conscious effort to do something else.

• I don't read books, normally skip to the end like when at school. So I'd just do that and see how and when I die 😂

• No, I'd like to read till my present chapter, see my mistakes, find a way to correct them, tear the rest of the pages, close the book, and experience the rest myself...

• yes... because I would like to reflect my life... remember everything that happened and also see how that author might have seen it..

and that book wouldn't be too big anyway... .:s

• oh does the book also includes my feature? that makes it much more interesting... I know it would be probably a bad idea but I'm way too curious to not read it

• I would read it, definitely. I'm dying to learn if i'll have the luxury of knowing i'll find a warm body in my bed at nights.

• If the book said i would read this same book but that i would stop reading it, cleary i would continue to read, because it would prove the book was wrong. :p

• Yes, I would.

I don't believe in destiny crap.

• I would be like "oh yeah i remember doing that shit... I was dumb AF"

• I would read it. Everything past "today" would be fiction. I don't think it would be possible to "know the future" without changing it.

• Woah, I'd probably stop after the part where I woke up today.

• No. I don't want it to change because I read it. A book like that has too much power. I would destroy it or hide it

• Sure! It's best to stay a step ahead!

• He'll no, I'm burning that thing. Life's a journey

• I would keep on reading it till the end to see if that person knows everything about me.

• I'd hand it back and say "dis ain't me chief"

• hell ya i would read it

• I'd probably skip around in the book and see if there's anything interesting

• no, i'd read u until the current day. give me some time to go back over my actions and understand if i was wrong most of the time

• No I wouldn't

• No... yes, maybe, I don't know...

• I would skip right to the end.

• No, I would not. I'd read until where I got, then put it away for another year or so.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 27

• I would not. I like my life to be full of surprises. Knowing everything would make life dull and more predictable.

• Yes. I know it's not a good idea, but I'm way too much of a curious cat, I always wanna know everything, that's why I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation 😓

• I would love to be able to say for sure that I wouldn't because you have to stay away from knowing the future – but I have a feeling curiosity would spoil it for me. Same if you give me a present a few days before Christmas. Chances are that I will open it before the actual day lol

• I wouldn't want to but I would.. because if I didn't.. It would eat me till I do.. I'd be curious AF!

• Hell yeah! I want to know everything that is yet to come and anything that I'm not aware of that occurred.

• Right away I'd realize how thick the book is. If I its alarmingly thin I'd be in a state of panic for the rest of my short life and would probably go crazy. But reading it would make it worse so I woulddestroy it.

If it seemed to be a good length I would probably sneak a few glimpses

• Pff I would probably toss it over! My life is too boring as it is! LOL

• No, I wouldn't finish it. I would like to read about my past, but not my future :) Keep it a mystery !!!

• No I would not. I'd be afraid, very afraid.

• I'd stop... but then I don't know if I could resist...

• Nope. I would only read up to my present maybe.

Actually I would read up to the first 10 years of my life mostly.

I am curious about the younger version of me.

• I'd expect it to end with me being handed said book, so sure, why not reminisce on my life up to that point? Or do you mean entire life as in all the way up until I'm supposed to die? Because then no.

• Honestly If I started from the beginning I'd probably get bored up till now in the present lol. I'd try to finish though. I'd at least read parts to see if I meet certain goals.

• I would read it. I think i blocked out a lot of things in my childhood that made me who i am today. It would be nice to understand why i am the way i am. I think it would also be useful to see my life from a different point of view. :)

• Definitely because I always have to finish books. I'm a perfectionist about that.

• I'd stop reading it. Cause if I were to read it to the very end it wouldn't be interesting anymore.

• Yes - I would be very happy about it. It seems the only time I can dig out old memories from the past is from the usage of pot which I've now quit. I would love to be able to look at all of my memories without using drugs.

• Tough choice. But I wouldn't. Why want to discover everything when you can leave it a mystery and explore on your own. I love surprises.

• STOP. I don't want to see what my future beholds. I want to experience it for myself. Plus.. who wants to know how they'll die. What if Final Destination is true and you try to go around your death and end up dying 10x worse? no.

• I'd probably be like "BITCH, YOU STALKING ME"?

• I would stop reading it. I don't want to know my future. I want to live it.

• Sure, I probably would

• Yes yes. It will be interesting to know how my life turned out to be.

• No, I don't want to learn how I would die.

• Yes, in a heartbeat!!!

• I would read it