Have you ever thought someone was in your house?

i am home alone and apparently my brother left his phone and someone called him and i heard his voicemail but i thought it was someone in my house it scared the crap out of me and i was trying to make a break for the gun cabinet down the hallway what was even worse, was when i called my dog she didn't answer for a few seconds, it scared me even more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Today I was in the greenhouse and I thought someone was standing right behind me. I jumped and turned around, only to find that it was just the banana palm brushing against my shoulder. I was very embarrassed with myself to say the least.

• Thanks :) (I moved the banana palm by the way)

• You're welcome! Don't worry I was embarrassed when I found out it was my brothers phone and having to listen to my sister laughing at me over the phone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I just... picked up my tennis racket and started going through the house, ready to swat the intruder! but there was no one. lol.

What Guys Said 5

• sometimes since we leave our door open and unlocked. we have 2 doors and when the wind blows really hard, it get's through the door crack and blows the door out and i think someone is coming in. but i don't get scared as much as i think my parents are home or an animal got in somehow.

• Yes I have, but it has never amounted to anything. I just grab the bedside glock, wake up the dog if she didn't already go nuts on her own and seek out the source of the sound, and quickly clear the house. It usually has been a neighbor cat or raccoon.

• i get that. one night i was having a late night netflix binge and i heard loud noises coming from my driveway. i paused my show and listened for a minute and realized it was the bear thats been prowling lately.

• When i waslittle the shadows outside my bedroom door used to make me think someone broke in, or was watching me

• Yes. I do right now in fact. I think there might be...

• What's worse is when you don't think someone is in your house but someone really is!

• oh god has that happened to you? that's terrifying.

• hate to sound very American right now but not if you use them right. My family has 12 rifles sitting in our gun cabinet and is always unlocked. and nobody has died and no curious children has looked in there because my parents taught us common sense.

• I guess lol!

What Girls Said 5

• My room is on the second floor so one time I had a dream that a robber wearing all black threw a rope up into my balcony and started climbing. He broke the glass sliding door with a brick, went inside and then I woke up.

I actually went to check and everything was normal.

• Yes I have! lol! hahah your story was funny but scary. I always have the door locked but sometimes i feel like someone watching me.

• Growing up we had a police scanner in the house because my parents were volunteer firefighters. Every time that thing went off at 6am I freaked out because I thought someone was inside the house talking.

• Yes. First I texted my friend telling her that if I don't call her in 10 minutes to call the police. Then I held my needlepoint knife in one hand, my mace in the other, and did a thorough search accompanied by my German Shepard.

• oh my god that must have been a scary text to get. i remember hearing the voicemail but i thought someone was talking in my kitchen. i had an entire plan to go down the hallway get a gun and knock them out with the butt of the gun but the voices stopped and i realized it was just my brothers phone. I hope you both were okay.

• That sounds scary. I had a similar feeling today in my room I wanted to take a nap but I just felt someone was looking at the from the other side of my room :(