How do you make yourself stop procrastinating?

I need to start my work. Any tips on how to slay procrastination?

HAAALP MEEEEEE

• I WILL HELP YOU because i am the goodliest of people
  • I WILL NOT HELP YOU because i suck
  • I SEE DEAD PEOPLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YOU GUYS ARE SO BOSSY!

... somehow it's worked. going to start working :p

Most Helpful Guy

• I was always going to get around to solving this problem.

• i wrote ONE WHOLE PAGE.

... i feel so accomplished... :p

• lmfao. howwwwwwww thoughtful :p

• What can I say, I'm a very giving person. ;)

What Guys Said 10

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...f-bb38-5564e054bfbe.jpg

LOL at that procrastination picture! xD Usually I don't care for those motivational-type posters or their parody ones --- although I don't mind them --- but the one you found is awesome. :D

• weknowmemes.com/.../procrastination-no.jpg

Seriously though, I think we need to get at the root of why we procrastinate. Mine is a fear of failure. I always get A's but each assignment I get super paranoid that I'm going to fail. I put off the misery for as long as I can before I have to face it. That's why I procrastinate. I'm working on realizing how irrational I'm being when I've never failed anything in my entire life.. What am I so afraid of? Each failure is an opportunity to grow as well. I need to learn to be okay with not having perfection.

• LOL. Dude, i was looking at procrastination memes yesterday and came across that one. I was like... HOW BRILLIANT! THAT IS WHY I DO WHAT I DO! :p

Self-reflection is a good idea. I think in this case, it's partially me worrying about not producing something great and partially just... major laziness at play lol. But you're right- doing bad isn't the end of the world, we can learn a lot from those experiences too.

• Wow this is true.. I've never thought of it like that before.. That just blew my mind thank you lol

• lmao no prob :D

• 2|1
  • I'll stop it tomorrow or next week.

• I'll tell you later :P

• nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*dies*

• Well you could try dividing your work and taking breaks. Since you'll have less work to do every time, maybe you'll feel more motivated?

• Make yourself a to do list, decide in the evening how many points on it you have to complete in the morning, and just start your day with it.
    Only when it's "job done" allow yourself to do other things :D
    And don't forget to be proud of yourself after having done it! That will motivate you to continue working on the end of procrastination.
    You have the "war on terror" and the "war on procrastination" okay... it starts today!

• meh, i'm not helping you. i got my final exam on Monday and i have done no study for it

• I'm terrible at it

• Need to know that too x_x

What Girls Said 6