Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but every since I learned about it in psychology and found out ways to get out of it (or even more simply to go back to sleep), it never scared me for a second time.

• How do you get out of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it was fucking terrifying. I was having this weird dream, and in the dream i was laying on a bed and someone called my phone. I didn't answer the call yet someone started talking through my phone anyway and it was this creepy voice whispering in another language. Straight away i woke up, in the same position i was in in the dream, but i could still hear the voice right behind my ear. I couldn't move for about a minute of frantically trying to wiggle my toes. Eventually i managed, there was no one in my room.

What Guys Said 12

• I think I have it was very freaky - It felt like taking a long time to bridge the gap between a nightmare and reality during which time I couldn't move, I used to dream about getting suffocated by a plastic bag and I would be trying to remove bag from my face but couldn't move my arms.

• Think so, but not entirly sure. had a lot of weird experiences, some call it sleep paralysis, some call it out of body experience, lucid dreaming etc, but personally think I had all 3.

• Sleep paralysis is when you wake up but you can't move your body. It lasts a few seconds, and if you don't know what's happening, it's terrifying.

• Yes, I started to fall asleep and dream and suddenly became awake, but couldn't move at all, I was terrified i'd be trapped like that, without the ability to talk or move, in a frozen state. I snapped out of it and thankfully it hasn't happened again but I was scared to go to sleep the next night.

• Yep that's some scary shit!! I stay up the rest of the night if it's not still late (like 5 a. m.) watching Netflix or whatever doing what I can to stay awake cause paralysis always happens twice to me

• once, I was awake for a minute but couldn't move and then just shot up suddenly, since I was freaking out a bit.

• All the time and I hate it. My kind is differs from regular sleep paralysis because I cannot open my eyes.

• yes , it is usually happened when i am too exhausted (from work)
    or , wrong sleep position , like , sleep on my stomach

• no, but i want to just to say i have.

• Once. I freaked out for a bit but then calmed down and went back to sleep

• I've had seizures in bed. Would that count?

• Realistically, yes. I don't remember it though.

• When I sleep on my back.

What Girls Said 15

• Thank fuck nope. I'd be scarred for life.

• yes i do I gag too much!

• Yes, it really freaked me out once because I had to get up and my arms weren't responding at all. I had to roll out of bed and let them wake up.

• Every night. I control my dreams and I have since I was really young. I never knew what it was called though

• Yes, I've had them quite a few times. It's usually when I'm super-duper tired. To my knowledge, there is no way of getting out of them. I've tried screaming, waving my hand, everything. Nothing works. I've heard you can scrunch your face three times, or try and wiggle your toe, or finger, make yourself cough, but I haven't tried these things. Let me know if they work for you. Remember to stay calm and go with the flow, if you panic, it makes it worse. Just remember, everything is ok. If your alarm was to go off, or the phone ring, you would wake up. Don't sweat it. Good luck!! :)

• No and I hope I never do it seems like one of the scariest things ever!

• Yeah! It's cool. I only experience it like half the times while having nightmares. The first time I experienced it I was having a nightmare about being caught by a wave of zombies and I was like "Okay, okay, this is a dream, it's okay. WAKE UP." I couldn't move at all and my eyelifds felt so heavy. When I finally opened my eyes I sat straight up. It was fun, I liked the thrill. But the tingly feeling all over my body really made me think my nightmare was really happening.

• Yes. It's so scary. It's like you're trapped and some demon is coming to get you. To get out of the trance I just lay there until I can move again. It's a horrible experience and so so creepy.

• Yes. It's so scary.

• yes. very scary :'(

• Yeah, a few times but it didn't freak me out much because I was still half asleep.

• Omfg it just happened to me last night and it was fucking scary._.

• Unfortunately, way too many times.

• How do you get out of it?

• Yes I have. It comes from lack of sleep and bad health

• Every person is "paralyzed" when they sleep. They're just supposed to get "unparalyzed" as they wake up and not ever notice. Sometimes it takes longer for the body to "connect."

It's not an illness -- it's a normal experience.

• @Transigence I never said I was an illness

• @Transigence

• Nope, and hopefully never will.