Why do you not exercise your right as an American to vote?

I don't understand why so many Americans don't vote

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• I exercise my right not to vote because I am not American lol. Anyway, I think the ones that don't vote are just simply to lazy to. Some might not feel confident enough in their thoughts to. In Australia you have to vote, if you don't you are breaking the law.

• Cause it's like voting between a turd and a giant douche.

• 0|3
  • It's the presumption that their individual vote doesn't matter in the collection of votes. The electoral college kind of makes the individual vote less meaningful. Also, the amount of crappy politicians & bills out there makes people want to choose "the lesser of two evils".

• I'd vote if I knew that any of them would end up making the promises they made and neither of them stole money. This country hasn't had a decent president since the Theodore Roosevelt

• If I am not educated on the candidate or issues

• Because our voting system is fucked up. Our votes are literally meaningless. And even if they weren't, none of the candidates are ever good. Ever.

• I don't care about politics and a waste of my time

• I do. I just didn't vote in my town/county elections this year because I was away from home.

• One man can't change the Worlddddddd.

• I'm a Democrat in a red state. Any vote from me is a waste of time and gas.

• Because I don't have the right to vote, as I am under the age of 18.

• Because it's pointless

• I would but i am not an American : (

• Cuz I could give a fuuuuuuuuck

What Girls Said 3

• Because I feel like I don't matter! I don't make the desicion at the end! The freakin congress or legislate group call finally cut.

• I dont know what is going on and choices tend to be pretty crummy unless your really into it. Yea I am a bit lazy about it im sorry america.. if I was sure I would vote but there's people who know and care more then me and i dont want there vote to have to contend to a whole bunch of people like me who would pick option c.

• I vote because this is my way of paying my respects to the women who were assaulted and had feeding tubes shoved down their throats all because they wanted to vote. Before it was finally legalized. Pretty sure I am voting for Bernie. #feelthebern