Is there something wrong with me mentally?

Sometimes, I can get this phase and become the meanest, bitchiest person ever. I can say the rudest things without a care, and I can home wreck and be careless about peoples feelings, and sometimes go to the extent of emotionally hurting them if Im getting some kind of revenge on them or if they have done something bad to me or my friends.
But then most of the time I'll be a really nice person, and I'll care wayyy too much about a persons feelings that I'll even start crying if I disappointed them. I have a hard time leaving people, even if they are toxic to me or even if they use me, I'll get upset because I care too much. And I'll feel sooo bad for ignoring someone, that I just can't do it anymore (but during my mean days I just straight out don't care?). It blows my mind that I can be like this but I am...
Do you think this is some kind of dual personality problem? Should I go see a therapist about this? Is this even normal at all? I feel like there's something wrong with me...

Most Helpful Girl

• You may not be bipolar. Don't use that term lightly. Have you heard of borderline personality disorder? I have it and your symptoms sound a lot like mine. Look into it. Its a lot more short term than bipolar but they have similarities.

• Yeah, I was thinking bipolar may be a bit too strong for my case. I'll look into borderline personality though.

• Please do. Its helped so much to have a term to call my disorder. You have to meet five of the nine criteria from the DSM

What Guys Said 4

• Does this happen about once a month by chance? ;)

• Are you bipolar?

• Bipolar much. See a doctor please

• Are you smoking marijuana or drinking frequently?

What Girls Said 1

• It's hormones.