Are you a hunter?

Do you like to go hunting? Do you just go every now and again or do you go all out and go to like a deer camp?

I only ask because my grandpa and dad are the only two people I know of who go to deer camp, everyone else seems to just hunt casually for a day and then call it good.

So I wasn't sure how common deer camp is all over the world and such.

Since this keeps being brought up - I meant for eating not just for sport.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless fishing counts, otherwise nope. But I have no patience so most of the time it's me starting it and my friends catching the fish ahah 😂😅

What Guys Said 28

• Hunters will tell you they do it for the meat. But deer are actually pretty small, and the meat is not that good. Somehow, some people like going around blasting holes in defenseless animals. And they suffer through days of not showers ins heavy clothing which make them smell terrible. And they freeze at night. Often drink to warm up in the evening. And then come home and say how much fun they had. Yeah, right.

• Every single time my dad gets a deer we eat it and we have the meat for quite awhile. So I don't know what deer you've seen but... we have pretty useful deer here in MI.

• I do go hunting as often as life / work allows. I have only been to deer camp once this year , but used to several times a year. I only hunt for food while many hunt trophies. In all my years I have never figured out how to cook an antler and get it tender. Sooooo

• I like to walk in the woods and shoot but no Animals of any kind I am into life not taking them for sport

• I love archery, I shot competition for most of my life. One of my first jobs was working in an Archery shop and for many years I was an avid hunter. But, as I get older I have less time for hobbies and have not hunted in over a decade. Honestly hunting is a spiritual thing that connects you with nature and really isn't about the killing. I went many seasons without taking a single deer, but still enjoyed myself. Just being 20 feet up in a tree in mid October as a silent observer of nature is amazing. I've I've had birds land on my arrow as I'm sitting there waiting, I've had squirrels and owls be within 2 feet of me without them ever knowing I was there. Even if you don't hunt I suggest getting a treestand and observing nature, it's a beautiful thing to watch.

• Hunting would be a very low key affair in Ireland - I would say only a percent or two do it - As I said a couple of times here I have never seen a real life gun before only on armed police in the distance while visiting some foreign cities.

• I fuck deer up; Nothing beats paying $80 for a year's supply of meat.

I don't stop hunting until my <=200lbs quota is met, or until the season is over (which ever comes first).

Blasting kids with my Ruger American chambered in.270 WIN w/ Nikon Prostaff Scope.

• I couldn't kill a living thing so no I can't hunt. I'm thinking about being a vegetarian because if I don't have the balls to kill an animal it feels hypocritical to eat one. I don't like being a hypocrite.

• Mhmm I fish and I hunt for food not for sport, I don't go to pre-made camps though generally I get permission from one of the farmers around here to hunt on their land and then I go out for the day and hunt whatever is there or is in season.

• now that I know hunting is so limited, two turkeys only for the entire turkey season. It's rather expensive for license and gear.

• I am not a hunter because I live near a grocery store. Others hunt, and I don't really care that they do if that's something they enjoy doing. Now if a deer kicks in my front door and tries to steal my 60" Vizio, then I'll shoot that bastard. Otherwise, if it's outside where it belongs, I leave them alone.

• I've never been, but I'd give it a go if given the chance.

• Well when I lived in Bengal I had to hunt buck, ducks what have you with a spear.
    I also had to catch fish by had which was extremely difficult.

But that was to eat and not for sport!

Now I go to the supermarket!

• nope, just fish

• Ugh, no. At least not for deer. I don't have the chops for that. I'll go out hunting rabbits or some shit, though.

• I've never gone hunting before, but I would love to go one day.

• I wanna go on a never hunt tonight. Or go for some one eyed clam.

• nope. i shoot random shit like trees and random targets, but i don't really shoot animals.

• I don't even know what deer camp is. Although when I was in the air force my friends and I used to shoot deer on the base at night with our m16's. Good eating!

• Nope, I don't have the heart to kill some poor defenseless little animal for sport or food :'(.

• Yeah, hunting is great. Up in Michigan literally everyone hunts, its kinda a way of life for them.

• Poor animals..

• I like to go hunting, but only casually.

• I have before, but not in a long time. I prefer target shooting.

• Is it wrong to be a virgin hunter?

• I love to hunt. Especially deer. However, I usually stay in motels
    near the hunting grounds.

• I hunt Kalogg in Fallout 4, he's dead now.

• Nope. Not me.

• I fish a lot and have knowledge of how to acquire food. But no I don't actively participate

What Girls Said 6