What's your reason for asking & answering questions in anonymous mode?

What are your main reasons for anonymity?

• I'm mostly anonymous because I'm too shy 😊
    14% (4)18% (2)15% (6)Vote
  • I'm anonymous only when I'm asking & answering sex questions 😳
    21% (6)0% (0)15% (6)Vote
  • I'm popular on the GaG - I don't wanna influence answerers/askers in any way 😎
    14% (4)0% (0)10% (4)Vote
  • I'm always anonymous cause I'm just a paranoid coward 😷
    7% (2)0% (0)5% (2)Vote
  • I'm sometimes anonymous when the question is a bit personal 😖
    25% (7)45% (5)31% (12)Vote
  • I'm often anonymous cause I wanna look mysterious & cool 👽
    11% (3)37% (4)18% (7)Vote
  • I'm anonymous all the time cause I'm a Troll who likes to mock people 😜
    8% (2)0% (0)6% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
12|8

Most Helpful Girl

• Mostly when I'm answering or asking sex question :P

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I'm too shy :P

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 11

• I'm popular on the GaG - I don't wanna influence answerers/askers in any way 😎 ! HAHAHAH WHAT FUCK? NO WAY!
    I don't ever go unless its way to private it!

0|1
    0|0
  • I hardly do but when I do it's because I wanna look mysterious and cool to make people wonder: "Damn, who is she?" 😎

0|1
    0|0
  • I basically never go anonymous. Maybe once in a blue moon if it's too personal.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm anonymous when I know the answer but I don't want you to know I know the answer :p

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't go anon very often but if I do its usually because the question or answer is more personal/sexual because otherwise I get a bunch of creepy guy messaging me like "Hey sexy ;) "and it's just like, most of them are in their mid 20's so just no. Stop.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes it's because I know the answer is right but it won't be popular with the asker and sometimes it's because it's a sexual question and I don't want a bunch of thirsty guys in my inbox.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm almost never anon

0|1
    0|0
  • I rarely go anon.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never been anonymous in here.

0|1
    0|0
  • None of these lol. I go anon because sometimes people don't take me seriously because of my age.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to be able to aske questions about different scenarios and if someone were to look at my page they would think I was a whore, possibly a man, and a whole lot of other things. It's easier to get unbiased answers when you ask anonymously.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• when i ask a question anonymously it's because i want people to answer without knowing who i am and thus their answers may be somewhat swayed because they know me.

basically if i want to get really really straight forward answers (no sensitivities or bias's because the answerers know me)

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, it's understandable

• i answer anonymously almost never and ask questions anonymously very rarely as well. i thought there used to be a stat to see what percentage of your answers or questions were anonymous but i can't find it

• Either to say something very controversial or something that can easily seem (unintentionally) to be self centered.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm anonymous for a few reasons;

-I don't want to seem like I'm bragging
    -I feel like my question is a stupid question
    -I'm ashamed to admit to something

and it doesn't really make sense, since really nobody knows me on this site personally, but I still rather go anon sometimes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty much E, but I rarely go anonymous.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm 99% anonymous because I'm too shy 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Because I'm here to answer questions, not socialize or get a following.

2. Because I want the arguments I make to stand on their own merits in each case and not be referred by or compared to other arguments I have made.

I don't see why anyone on here would not want to be anonymous, it's the most rational way to be if you are here to share knowledge and experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is truly, truly a wonderful thing!

1|1
    0|0