I'm I the only adult that doesn't know how to drive yet?

I don't go into details. I just don't know and haven't gotten any chance to learn. Then in my country the streets are disorganized over there and some people drive like crazy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, you're not alone! I'm 27 and I don't have a driver's license. The reason in my case is that I have a strong visual disability. So even if I wanted to get a permission, I'm actually not allowed to drive. I'm also not allowed to ride a motor bike. However, contrary to America or Canada or countries like that, it's not a big deal in my country. In Switzerland, we have one of the best (certainly by far the most punctual :-)) and one of the densest public transportation systems in the world. Contrary to other countries, our public transportation system is just good in the big cities but it's equally spread across the country. So even tiny farmer villages with 200 inhabitants somewhere up in the mountains have their own train station or at least a bus stop with at least one bus every 30 minutes to the next bigger town. In addition to this, our "big" cities aren't very big compared to other big cities such as New York or Beijing. Zurich, the biggest city in Switzerland, only has about 400,000 citizens. So everything is pretty small. Due to this circumstance, it's actually very easy and convenient (and usually much faster) to take the bus, street car or simply hop on your bike than driving a car. Because I'm allowed to ride a bicycle, I do 90% of all my travelling (shopping, going to the movies, going to the train station, going to a friend's place, going to my parents' place etc.) by bike. It's easy, fast, uncomplicated and on top of all that, I get some exercise :-) (and our cities are all pretty bike-friendly).
    Because of this, I'm not the only person here who doesn't own a car. Many young adults in Switzerland don't know how to drive and we're all fine with it. Contrary to America, cars are not really a status symbol here because they're actually very annoying. They cost tons of money (gas, mandatory repairs, taxes etc.) and until you've found an empty parking lot in the city, I will have done double the distance. Two of my best friends (they're 26 and 29) and also my girlfriend who is 26 don't own a car and don't know how to drive and none of them seems to really be interested in getting a license. Even when we want to go on short trips to neighboring countries such as Germany, France or Italy, it's much easier to use public transportation. When I take the TGV (high speed train) from Zurich to Paris, it just takes me 4,5 hours. By car it would take me around 7-8 hours. And the best part: during those 4,5 hours, I can just sleep or read or watch a movie.

What Guys Said 1

• In certain countries it isn't that uncommon.

What Girls Said 5

• Me neither. It's too expensive.

• So am I! Girl don't feel bad! So many people don't drive yet and are like 50;40;30;20!

• I'm 20, so technically I've been an adult for 2 years now, and No I don't drive, but I'm planning to learn this summer :)

• Don't feel discourage; a lot of people in third world countries don't know. Even here in the U. S. I know a couple of people who hasn't gotten their license and are in their 20s.

• I dont have mine either and i am almost 26