What do you think defines nerds and geeks?

I feel I might be some of both, but more on the geek side judging by this pic. I'm not sure, though. I'm not positive of the differences.

Most Helpful Girl

• My understanding of nerds, is their intellectual capacity. They have smarts in the areas of science, math, computers and technology, and just about everything else. Nerds can be socially awkward because their level of intelligence sometimes makes it difficult to communicate casually with other people that aren't as intelligent. However, this is not always true, and this doesn't mean that a nerd thinks of himself as greater than others just because of their smarts.

My understanding of geeks, is they are into entertainment that has an intellectual background. They may also have some of the social awkwardness, just because a lot of the entertainment, though it is intellectual, it is also very fantasy inspired. They have active imaginations and some people find it difficult to relate with them because they don't understand them.

Many nerds are geeks, and many geeks are also nerds, but not always.

I personally really like nerds because I love it when a guy is intelligent, and I find that super sexy! I'm a deep thinker myself and a little bit nerd, too. I'm also a dork, but that isn't nerd or geek; totally separate category!! :P

• Nerd: Well, despite my memory issues, I like to obtain knowledge in things like science, computers, and technology. Being shy, I've little clue how awkward I might be, but I'm bad with words so I feel I speak casually enough. I am a very humble man, and would never think myself to be greater than anyone.

Geek: I do love both science fiction and fantasy entertainment. I also have a very active imagination. (I'm an extremely curious person. hehe) Being all about my particular interests makes starting conversations harder, however...

Thanks for reading.

• Thanks for the mho!! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The different between nerds and geeks in my opinion... is that geeks are nerds who are socially stunted.

What Girls Said 4

• Nerds - very studious, and probably awkward and introverted.
    Geeks - super interested in a particular topic or field.

www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/595973-5529-2.jpg

• Well, I am studious. However, I would not consider myself awkward and am neither extroverted or introverted.
      I am super interested in particular topics/fields, and like to learn new things in general.

• I believe I am a geeky nerd.. 😂😁

• Well seeing the actual definitions for them.

Nerd-a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.
    a single-minded expert in a particular technical field.

Geek-an unfashionable or socially inept person.
    a carnival performer who performs wild or disgusting acts.
    engage in or discuss computer-related tasks obsessively or with great attention to technical detail.

We need to create a new word other than these. They don't sound that nice at all. But going by the picture you have I would be considered a geek.

• hmm... a geek!

What Guys Said 1

• Pretty sure that geek is just a nerd hipster