Do you think it's beneficial to have a girlfriend/ boyfriend in your later teenage years to your early twenties?

I'd like to hear your opinions.

I'm starting to think that a girlfriend isn't needed. This may partially due to the fact that I haven't found "the one" quite yet lol.

Seeing that these years of my life are important in preparing and studying for my future career, I feel like a girl would distract me from my studies.

... however I am sure it'd be nice for a girl to comfort me when things get tough and stressful (though not needed).

What do you think?

• I do think it's beneficial to have a girlfriend/ boyfriend in my late teens to early twenties
  • I dont think it's beneficial to have a girlfriend/ boyfriend in my late teens to early twenties
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it's been very beneficial for me. At a time where my confidence was really low, I managed to find someone who accepted that and who managed to help build it up little by little until I was able to see what he saw. He's also very good at helping me keep calm so helps during exam season and when I have deadlines coming up, and I think that emotional support during the busy times is good. I probably wouldn't have dealt with any of this so well if I wasn't with him. Although it might provide good emotional support, it's not always a good thing, it depends on how well you can manage your time, I guess :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same boat as you. I would love a girlfriend right now.
    But frankly I don't have time or money for one. I have to focus on my studies so it's not time yet for the "One." Everyone's case is different of course. Some find love before finishing high school, others in college. I'll have to wait until I'm done with college.

• It's nice to hear someone in the same situation. I don't know about you, but if I'm in college and I happen to meet "the one" I would take the opportunity and persue her. Though it may affect my studies, Id be willing to take the chances.. Because something like that I'm sure is rare

What Girls Said 3

Hell yes! I want me a dream bf! hahah But its because I wish i had a best friend and something to look foward too. Someone to take me to places and teach me new things. I really need human conncection.

• With so much change going on in those year, yes I think it would help to have someone to lean on and do it with

• I think it means a lot when you said you haven't found "the one." Ideally, a significant other will support you, encourage you, and help you out. But if you're with the wrong person, it's definitely going to stress you out even more and add to your troubles.

I'm in school too and between homework, my job, working out, field experience and volunteering, I have pretty much zero personal time. Therefore, I'm perfectly happy being single. But if I found the right person and I really thought I could have a future with someone, I would make it work.

And yeah you are young but I think it's kind of beautiful when people get together early on and grow with each other :) Just don't let it interfere with your studies... you'll either break up with that person and regret it or marry her and need the income.

What Guys Said 0