Why.. Why.. Why.. is it that out of all the religions, I see Muslims causing 95% of Terrorism?

After reading these opinions I have come to the conclusion that this is just a media fed double standard. There are many other extremists apart from Islamic, but since the 9/11 , we have been keeping a keen eye on the islamic terrorists, which is why, all the cameras are on them, because of which we fail to see the other insurgents' activities.

Most Helpful Girl

• I should be the one saying this cuz I live in a country where these fucked up losers are shitting and using religion as an excuse.. but you are American.. Muslims are not that much of a cause there.. look beyond headlines as @DodgersGM said..

• Exactly our own people and soldiers are getting martyred by these pathetic terrorists more than any others!

• I like your update.. @asker :)

• thanks for MHO. :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• The last paragraph summarizes what Timothy says. There is a link between violence and Islam and the answer to your question is complex because one needs to consider individual qualities and culture the Muslim person was raised in. In contrast, Islam does teach it's followers to be peaceful and the prophet Mohammed is one example:
    omaymen.files.wordpress.com/.../imagesa48zhifr.jpg
    I do not know why specifically there is a lot of news about Muslim extremists killing people, and why it increased even more after 911.
    The link to article: thehumanist.com/.../is-islam-violent-the-answer-isnt-as-simple-as-many-think

• Also I forgot to say regarding the article, Timothy uses driving as an analogy, he says there are many people on the road, some are sober and can see clearly and among them are others who are intoxicated or have weak vision. As a result they will crash. Islam like most religions has its good and bad followers.

• People seem to forget that it was Christians during the 1800's who cherry picked the bible to justify that slavery was okay and treating another human being as cattle just because they see them as inferior was also ok. Not all muslims are bad some of the most judgmental i have ever met are christians and the most peaceful are muslims.

• You can't be serious?
    d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/.../...2-638x599.png

angrymeditations.files.wordpress.com/.../...41.jpg

i.kinja-img.com/.../fqekmur7zcn4qxoy5rf1.jpg

Terrorism has no face or religion. Unfortunately, anyone has the will to be evil. Don't generalise an entire race or religion.

Now can people stop bashing muslims.

• I love you.. <3 this is so informative.. and yes.. people.. listen to her.. ""Terrorism has no face or religion.""

• yup.. and they are just sick people ruining a religion for everyone.. I would agree with @asker if he were talking about Pakistan..

• Thanks a lot it makes me feel better ><

• Why accusing all Muslims? ? I never hurt even an ant.
    All my pray goes to victims in Paris. Terror has no religion. I am sad for innocent people. #prayforparis #prayforbeirut

• I am not accusing all muslims, only those who actively practice terrorism.

• Pretty sure I already answered the question. Please see your earlier question for my response.

• Acts of terrorism are carried out by people of multiple different religions, too. It's just that these usually get brushed under the rug and the Muslim terrorism acts being blown up in the media all the time.

• Because acts of terrorism by Muslims get 100% of the coverage.

• Not true, anywhere a bunch of people are killed any news channel would be happy to show it no matter who killed them.

• Where them killings happening in Aleppo? where them killings happenin all over the world other than US or Europe?

Tons of bombs and hundred thousands of deaths happening in Syria and no one cares. 3-4 Bombs dropping in Paris and the whole world cares and is over dramatized.

• Terrorism is done by all religions just the media are showing that its muslims acts but.. anyway u r 20 y. o u should be ahsamed of urself of asking such stupid question u r old enough to think with ur brain and not like a kid , and for me u sound like a stupid racist cuz all ur questions r about muslims stupid you are

• In 2011, Sunni Muslims accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third year in a row. Over 5,700 incidents were committed by Sunni Muslims, responsible for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of 12,533 fatalities.

Another 24 percent of the fatalities are on Shi´a Muslims. So in 2011, Muslims were responsible for 94 percent of the fatalities in terrorist attacks. Since 2011, with ISIS on the scene, the number of the fatalities –victims of the Muslim terrorist attacks- sharply grew, together with Muslims´ share in the world terrorism that is steadily closing in on 100%.

• @Asker thanksfor the update i am releaved :)

• That update was a long time ago.

• It's easy to get a visa/nationality ( of a third world Muslim country) and ruin the reputation of a certain religion/race by attacking other people.
    Very easy.
    Half of these people aren't even Muslim, I bet.

• Because let's be honest, if a muslim does anything bad... the whole world has to know.

• they're evil people i dont think it has anything to do with religion...

• PEOPLE are the PROBLEM... not religion... PEOPLE Kill not religion... for example a true christian is supposed to love and accept everyone the same way god loves us we are to help one another and help each other go through the right path with love and patience without forcing, offending or hurting anyone... but some people who call themselves "christian" try to force others to join christianity and they hurt people no, those people are EVIL and an abomination

• not Christianity, not the religion... but the bad people

• From my experience, most Muslims will tell you that the so-called "Muslim" terrorists are acting against teachings of the Islamic faith and shouldn't call themselves Muslims at all.

• Because their religion has violent passages and they take them literal

What Guys Said 13

• I'm not Muslim or religious at all for that matter (Ziggy Marley said it best, "Love is My Religion"), but I think extremeism is the cause of terrorism moreso than any particular religion. Right now it certainly seems like the Muslim extremists are the most active and radical, but I'm nervous to blame the Muslim religion for causing terrorism. I don't know enough about the religion to say one way or the other, but I imagine there are way more Muslim people out there who are decent, reasonable people who aren't going to blow up or shoot up a bunch of people just because they believe something different. At least I like to think that.
    Maybe the reason that extremists from that religion are causing so much of the terrorism in the world is because they truly belive that their way is the only way, and that it's their duty to do whatever it takes to eliminate anyone who disagrees? Maybe it has to do with a belief in an afterlife full of rewards? Maybe it has to do with extremist groups who brainwash their followers and make people believe that the ones who give their lifes committing acts of terrorism are heroes or something?

It certainly is messed up no matter who or what is the cause... Stuff like what happened in Paris tonight seems to be happening so often. Maybe it's just because everythings so connected and information travels EVERYWHERE, INSTANTLY, that we're hearing about so much of this stuff now... I don't know.

Keep your eyes and ears open, be aware of your surroundings, and keep in mind the possibility of worst-case scenarios. Don't let it cripple you or stop you from enjoying life, but be realistic and be paying attention. If shit does hit the fan, it'd be nice to have even a slight advantage over the rest of the population who are too busy taking selfies and sending text messages to be aware of what's going on around them.

• This is especially relevant because you're an American:

www.globalresearch.ca/.../5333619

Non-Muslims account for approximately 90% of terrorism in America.

Look beyond the headlines, man.

• This.. ^^^ wow.. I didn't know that..

• Before you jump for joy considering this a win

The numbers are sometimes less important than the magnitude. Sure only 10% are muslims but the magnitude of their attacks are pretty strong.

• @TripleAce Can you expand upon that? What do you mean when you say that Muslim terrorism carries more "magnitude" than terrorism from other ethnicities?

If you get blwn up by a suicide bomber, does it really matter who he prays to or what the color of his skin is?

• Coz one word in Arabic means hell a lot of meanings
    So they understand it wrongly , the holy texts have a way of writing and u can know what it's meaning and what it refers to by its context but they don't read the whole texts they just see kill or fight and take it and do it which of course is wrong and those radicals needs to be vanished

• But the problem is my dear friend , is that 32 die in France the whole world have nice in it and 100 muslim and Arabian dies no one even gives a shit u people help them with ur stupid corrupted media

• The church is actively known for modifying Bible numerous times and Catholics don't give a shit.

But if these psycho terrorists are using as you mentioned the old Arabic texts to misinterpret the Quran, then probably the need of the moment is to take a handful of these scientists and translate it to a wide known language today. It'll surely be a useful investment.
      And not to the US or any other country, I very well realize that The vast majority of the victims of Islamic terrorism are themselves members of the Muslim faith.
      Having said that , I am not judging the muslim people, but the muslim terrorists who spoil a religion's name by expressing radical thoughts by violent means.

• Who told u scientists didn't do books of the right explanation?

• Yeah 0.0001% of Muslim people are terrorists. Clearly there's some type of causal link there.

• Because the Christian manifest destiny have ended.
    Now that the Christian's have settled down and become docile (think in terms of centuries), it's more apparent that the Muslims are string things up.

• Cause you the domestic terrorism committed by other people of other religions aren't rammed down your throat by the media

• There's terrorism in every religion.
    But yea they seem to reach the newpapers easily... the executions... Over here they were brainwashing kids and convincing them to go fight..
    9/11 didn't help either.. it's a pity

• Because the reality is a lot of them are violent. But its hard to blame anyone, they are born into that social setting.

They are obviously not the only terrorists around but the significance of their attacks are extremely high.

• Because the world has destroyed many Muslim countries. Especially the USA and Europe. We have attacked Iraq, Afganistan, Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia.

And we still want to add Iran to the list.

In Iraq we killed around 600.000 to 1.400.000

• The US has this stupid urge to insert it's penis into every country's matter. Especially that infamous Bush goverment. But true about Iraq, The 'weapons of mass destruction' thing turned out to be a lie.

• It's pretty simple, actually: Islam has the concept of holy war embedded in its belief system, while every other major religion does not.

• Because the prophet Mohammad was a gangster little fuck and Muslims want to be like him.

• Because the majority of terrorists (which are from Middle Eastern countries) are Muslim, as that is their main religion

• Because it was created by a warlord. Did you expect anything good out of it?