Do you feel that bacon is ridiculously overpriced (at the grocery store and in restaurants as an add-on)?

• yes bacon is overpriced for what you get, at grocery stores and at restaurants!
    73% (11)43% (6)59% (17)Vote
  • no it's not, stop being ridiculous and enjoy the bacon-ness!
    27% (4)57% (8)41% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|9

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like bacon is ridiculously overrated in general. 😒

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it's getting higher and higher. hopefully it will drop again...

demand is up 15%. damn supply and demand

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I don't know because I don't eat bacon haha but I think avocado and cheeses are overpriced as add-ons :p

0|1
    0|0
    • Avocado is definitely up there when u buy it as restaurants... as a Californian I know all about avocado! :-D

• Bacon is ridiculously over-hyped.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its overpriced because a lot of people like bacon and its in high demand so they overprice it, because they know people will buy it, and thats where they make their money

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's overpriced as an add-on but I get it for fairly cheap at the store.

I got my bacon (20 slice package) for like $1.50 the other day and maybe I'm naive but I thought it was a good deal lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow seriously, $1.50 for 20 slices? #Bargain !

Maybe bacon is overpriced in California. A 20pc 1lb package of bacon averages about $4.50!

• Show All
    • Lol yeah, maybe it was just the store or a sale or something but I was pleased. I don't buy by the pound though.

• Hopefully that sale is still going on, so u can stock up your freeze with tasty bacon! :-D

• Yes, for the cheap stuff it is £2.00 ($3.05) for a pack of 10. 😢😢😢

0|1
    0|0
  • Here.. they left the price the same.. but dropped the packages from 500g to 375g

then after a bit.. the prices went up.

0|0
    0|0
  • YES! its because it what americans eat! hahah!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think it is way overpriced. When I look at the weekly grocery adds it surprises me and disappoints me all the time. I have a budget I have to stick to, so cannot be buying bacon as much as I would like. If I am buying bacon it is going to be as a main part of the meal, like a BLT or bacon with breakfast. I have a hard time buying it as an addition for anything or a flavoring agent, as I would like to because of the price.

0|0
    0|0
  • i never buy bacon but it's expensive here
    too

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't you get the memo. "Shortage of pigs is the problem".

0|0
    0|0
  • i haven't really been paying attention
    how much is it going for in your area?

0|0
    0|0
    • Bacon here in the west coast of the USA bacon goes for about $4 a pound! That's more than all cuts of chicken and some cuts of beef

What Guys Said 8

• You know what is ridiculously overpriced! ?
    Calamari!
    Squid is cheap af...
    At the markets it's anywhere from 1.99 - 3.99 depending on the squid and that's retail price! At wholesale prices it's even less expensive!
    Batter is cheap, squid is cheap then they charge a premium when it's fried!

1|1
    0|0
    • You know what... you're so right! I never thought about that. Maybe I should try deep frying calimari at home and see how it turns out! ;-)

• Show All
    • I have to agree, calamari is definitely a profit margin maven for restaurants (as well as pasta)!

• I forgot to mention that the price was per lb, which is more than what a lot of restaurants will give you!

• Apparently there have not only been difficulties in meeting FDA standards recently, but the demand has spiked. Simple supply and demand dictates a price hike.

I love bacon, but I don't complain too much about bacon prices. Pigs are the most intelligent animals we eat by a long shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Murder and torture ain't cheap.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPGIMCmpfxU

0|0
    0|0
  • Bacon should be free... Just like willy

0|0
    0|0
  • Bacon is disgusting.
    *Hides in bunker and awaits the artillery fire of downvotes*

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all market forces.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it'd only expensive as an add on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, still buy it though

0|0
    0|0