Does anybody care about what happened in Lebanon, Baghdad, or the Congo?

What happened in Paris is awful but what about the Congo, Lebanon, or Baghdad? Nobody is changing their Facebook pictures to their flags and until someone can get me a link for a "pray for the world" Facebook filter for my profile picture I am not changing my Facebook profile picture.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't plan to change my profile pic because of what happened. It won't undo the atrocity that happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get where you're coming from. I feel sorry for these places too, since war and terrorism takes place there daily pretty much. We tend to forget about these places because they're so far away from home.

It's sad really, I just wonder what this world is coming to.

What Guys Said 6

• It is basically because the majority of the global media is centred around the Western point of view. Majority of social media companies are Western based. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Twitter, Youtube and even this website are almost all based in US and Europe...

Terrorism is a global problem from Far east, Middles East, South America to North America and Europe.. The difference is terrorism is not as common in US and Europe as in these poorer parts of the world. The majority of the terrorists attacks occurs on the area where terrorists are based themselves... The people here in the West only sees the problem on the media, not actually relating to the violent mess. Now when these terrorist atrocities occurs on their land, to a place and something they are familiar and can relate to. The shock factor is often more intensified. Since these people have accounts on western based social medias and active on it, it is natural for them to show their reaction in this platforms to a much more relatable incident...

It's not that people neccessarily doesn't care about what is happening on the other side of the world. It is just something the majority in the west would not relate to, that these violence occurs on daily basis that the media reporting would lose interest and won't report it on the daily therefeore the public interest lowers unitl another big story comes up..

• Nope being an ArabIan means u r worthless shit
    IT'S ISLAM PROBLEM that's what stupids say

• No its the world's problem because hate won't end hate it will just make the whole world blind.

• I do. I know some people who don't care but that's because they live in their ignorance and hate. They could stand to read a book or a hundred books because it will damage their ignorance.

• Lol 😂 yes

• Because its an islam problem and those countries are islam? Don't get technical but it's something they've been going through a while...

But when a non Islamic 1st world country gets affected by it, it's different. At least it's treated that way

• I think that's how the world sees things sad world we live in.

• i have a fancy framed award from the police department for saving lives. just stop thinking. thanks.

• People should never stop thinking. It's very obvious that what the Taliban feared most was a girl who thinks she is known as malala. This has now turned into an argument and I don't like arguments, I like sensible discussions.

• No, I don't care what the primitives in 3rd world countries are doing.
    The rest of the world cannot magically bring Africa and Middle East out of middle ages in a blink of an eye, or fix centuries of exploitation, lethargy and corruption that led into nothing but ruin.
    It is sad, but we can't do much about it nor it is the duty of the civilized world to save the other half that seems to refuse evolving.

• Okkkk sorry I am easily able to absorb other emotions and feel compassion for people even if they are in a third world country and don't know I exist.

• no, I don't give a shit what happens in a country 10k km way from me

• boo-hoo, nope nobody cares.

What Girls Said 1

• Get the fuck away. Nobody cares. Whatever is happening there was brought onto themselves! I'm not feeling sorry for them anymore.

• Please don't talk you are lowering the IQ of anyone within a ten mile radius of you.

• I was calm the whole time

• Why do I find that hard to believe?