Tragedies around the world?

How come when a nation that is majority white is attacked everyone around the world changes their profile pics to their flag but when something similar happens in a country where its not majority white, it doesn't even get any sympathy?

Most Helpful Girl

• How long has Facebook been doing the flag thing? Last time they had the colored lines for gay pride, and I also saw some profiles with flags from India. If this is something recent, maybe that's why.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most developed nations are majority-white, and there there is usually shock when a tragedy happens in a developed nation, as such incidents are uncommon. Almost every developing nation, however, is not white. And, it isn't surprising when violent tragedies happen there, because those are common place there, and they are thus less surprising.

What Girls Said 3

• It has nothing to do with being white. Its because they dont typically have something like this happen. Other countries this would small attack

• The countries that are the majority white usually have the most law and order so it is the most unexpected.

• Not race but money thats what its all about...

• So poor people don't matter?

• Sadly thats the way it seems...

What Guys Said 3

• Because it's abnormal in white countries.

• It's not the color of the skn. Paris is the capital of a major NATO/UN nation... terror attacks are not "suppose" to happen in these cities.

• I didn't really notice but I guess it depends on what the majority of white people are on here if that's the case then it may appear that way

• I didn't change my pro pic to france because that wouldn't be fair to other nations going through similar tragedies every die. RIP Paris and other peoples going through the same things.

• Your very compassionate it seems but every one does what they feel is the thing to do at that moment I figure