Best way to learn a language?

For my future job I want to work abroad and would like to learn the local language in advance. I am not sure which language yet, but I have had trouble learning languages before like when I had to pass Spanish for school. Can some people just not learn new languages? Had anyone else delt with this? Any advice on what helps?
I am willing to put in the time, however I have already tried practicing everyday as a method, anyone have any "tricks"? Thanks in advance :)
also, I want to work in the military and focus my efforts on fighting terrorism. Any suggestions on what the best language to learn would be?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Master the basics
    2. Use it a lot, with native speakers

You can look at (dvd) movies subtitled in original language for deaf people. It helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rosetta Stone is apparently very good. It also may help if you find a pen pal or something of the sort to communicate with so they can help teach you the language.

What Guys Said 2

• The best way is to hang around native speakers and learn from them. This is because certain areas have certain slang. This will help you out.

• learn all the regular words, try guess what other words are and shit. probably won't work but gl

What Girls Said 2

• Okay, so here's how I learnt English:
    - I started watching lots of movies in series in English with subtitles
    - I changed all my social media accounts to English ( Facebook, twitter, phone settings...)
    - Every time I heard a word in English I would note it and look it up in the dictionary
    -Listen to tons of Music in English
    - All of that with focusing in my English classes
    - Within a couple of years I was able to communicate in English and understand the language.

• Checkout fluentin3months. com

Start with a phrasebook and learn the phrases. Use them everyday.