Can you die from being really sad a lot?

Like to the point everytime you get sad it gets hard for you to breathe, you get headaches, you feel like you're going to throw up, and etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• It has been 48 years for me, and I am still here.

Just remember, it does get better. Actually it doesn't, but more accurately I should say, things that you thought were a big massive deal become less and less relevant and matter less and less as you age.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like that sometimes when I'm anxious, it is a panic attack. My head hurts and it doesn't stop until I calm down, my heart is beating fast, I feel like I can't breathe, I sweat and my face heats up, I get uncontrollable tears, and I can't think in a logical way. Knowing what it is, makes it easier to control it. You have to keep your calm, try not to loose control and give in to anxiety.

• I try to. What do you do when it happens to you?

• oh I forgot. some people feel better when they sit alone in a quiet place, while others like to find distractions, such as driving, doing household jobs, listening to music etc

• I'll try to find things that calm me down.

What Guys Said 17

• It happens to older people that have been together a long time. When your young like 90% of everyone on here you really don't understand... When you grow old with someone over 40 years you really become one heart... When one of you die the other one is lost and the heart aches for its other half... It's really sad that they die and sorry for your loss... But at least they are still together somewhere :)

• well people kill themselvels becuase of depression... so yhea...
    does that count?

• I meant without you purposely killing yourself. But, I guess this kinda counts haha.

• Not directly or immediately. But harboring sadness 8n long run make u depressed and negative emotions inhibits certain hormones thst are required for growth and well being. So bring sad all the time shortens your life

• Yes you can. You get diseases and disorders and they accumulate, if you fail to check on yourself. You die.

• I hope not

• I doubt it.

• ya it does sadness makes ur heart big bigger which cause panic attack so seek help if you are feeling sad

• well, possibly.
    usually depression deaths are from suicide.

• I know my rabbit was basically dying of a broken heart after her mate died.

That and cancer.

• I think depression can lead to death actually.

• Yup, That;s called Suicide

• I'd b dead already U_u

• Should really get some help asap.

• eh? nobody is interested.

• stop thinking negatively, follow the positivity wherever it is

• Yes some die of griev but its rare you have to fight it

• why be like that? happinnss is a mindset

What Girls Said 13

• That sounds like a panic attack, struggling to breathe due to working yourself up when you are sad or angry. A panic attack makes you feel like you're going to faint and "die" but in reality you won't.

• I know that feeling! If it were possible i would have been dead trust me.

• I don't think so, are you okay?

• You can't die from it but it can really affect the length of your life. There's this hormone called cortisol which is produced because of long term stress or sadness. Studies show that the more cortisol a person has in their blood, the more likely they are to suffer from heart disease, lower immune function and bone density, increase weight gain, blood pressure, cholesterol and things.

• My great grandma died and then a few days later my great grandpa died. From a broken heart. Legit.

• Nah you can't. It's all about whats inside your head. That shit can lead you to die.
    It's like, what's more dangerous - a gun or a thought? A gun will give you the opportunity but a thought will pull the trigger.

• I don't think you can die from being sad, but it could lead to something bigger if you don't talk it out with someone or get help.

• Maybe. I don't know. I have almost felt like my heart had stopped beating for some seconds.. But still I'm alive lol

• sounds more like a panic attack... it isn't lethal, but it certainly isn't healthy.

• Well, I'd be dead by now but yeah, depression can lead to death.

• Yes. People die from stress unfortunately.. They get heart attacks.

• i dont think so?

• You can die from depression, that's why it's best to talk with someone