Would you continue messaging a guy or girl if they only responded to your message?

... If they do inititate sometimes just by saying, " hi" but then there's no convo really. They just respond to your messages. Is that a sign of disinterest?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, yes that is very much a sign of disinterest!

Girls are notorious for that, they will "be polite" and respond with half-assed responses, because they are AFRAID to tell him "i'm not interested anymore, stop contacting me".

• I know what you mean. I hate it when I don't know where I stand with someone. I would rather he be brutally honest than string me along like a fool. He seems flirty and chatty to other girls but not me

• Yeah that is what I think too. Thanks!

• if he messages u hi and he doesn't reply after u respond, directly ask him why he says hi, then disappears. Stop being a meek passive girl, be aggressive and demand answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• no because it appears like they don't care.

What Guys Said 4

• Nah I have stopped trying several times when it came to something like this.

• well shit, i am just awful at conversations and i don't know what to ask so i am really happy when people ask me instead :(

• Is it worth continuing to message him?

• Yeah, I am going to do that from now on. It is so frustrating

• i can imagine, it's a dick move to behave like that!

• if he is a guy then it is a disinterest

if she is a girl, then if she is in her period then i'll get over it but if it is not then it is a disinterest

• Sounds like it. If he's not asking questions to or about you, then I wouldn't bother.

• He's not. If I try to get to know him, he avoids answering.

• I'd stop talking to him then, it's boring

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's fair to say they're not too into the conversation. Sounds pretty boring. I'll probably forget about them soon, if they're not a friend or anything already.

• It doesn't sound like there's much substance to the conversation. I'd stop replying.

• Yeah I'd definitely stop messaging the person if it keeps happening. If it's just once, it could be that he's just busy or something. Otherwise he's just not that interested.

• It's all of the time. I can't understand why he messages to say , " hi" when he seems so disinterested