Americans - If someday in the future, all of the candidates for the president of USA would be non-christians, who would you vote for?

If you had to choose non-christian president of United States of America, what would be his/her religion out of these?

And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
9|19

Most Helpful Guy

• Either Atheist (like me), or maybe a Wiccan, but Buddhists and Hinduists are ok too.
    I would definitely never vote for Satanist.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• Although I'm from the UK, if it happened here I think I would vote for the atheist candidate. We would get someone to lead us, without personal religious views skewing his/her decisions.

2|3
    0|0
    • That's right, I agree

• i voted buddhist but honestly i don't care about a president's religion or lack of as long as they are a good candidate for the country

1|0
    0|0
  • I already want an atheist candidate 😑

1|2
    0|1
    • So do I :D

• Lol not that I would vote for them just because they are atheist, but it certainly is a preference of mine.

• I've never considered a candidates religion important. Buuut, I would likely avoid voting for a satanist lol.

Whoever is the best for the job.

1|1
    0|0
  • Why would religion matter in my choice? I would prefer someone who isn't influenced by some weird bullshit beliefs, I want a candidate that is POLITICALLY STRONG and not a religious wreck. Don't care if he is muslim, christian, satanist, as long as he is good.

1|1
    0|0
    • Satanist can be "good"? Lol :P

• Sure, a satanist can definitely be a good leader if he doesn't mix his beliefs with his job. The same goes for christians or muslims.

• I'm voting for the one whose political stances best match my own, not over their religion.

1|2
    0|0
  • Atheist. Although some of those religions don't sound ridiculous, there r still strategic decisions to be made that cannot be clouded by religion.

1|0
    0|0
  • forgot pastafarian.

1|1
    0|0
    • I didn't forget but GaG polls have 7 options limitation :(

• Show All
    • Gypsies have nothing to do with Wiccans, modern Wicca is based mostly on Celtic mythology... but Gypsies tend to lie a lot ;)

• i was hopeful i've been messing with you the entire time

• Wiccan Canidate, I don't know why just sounded cool, to be honest religion doesn't come into who I vote for

1|0
    0|0
  • Such discrimination.

Where's "Pastafarian"? "Pagan"?

1|0
    0|0
    • Wiccans are also Pagans, as for the Pastafarians, hmm, GaG polls have 7 options limitation :(

• In order going only by religion:

Hindu
    Atheist
    Buddhist
    Wiccan
    Muslim
    Jew
    Satanist

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd vote for the libertarian.

1|0
    0|0
  • Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian, was agnostic.

0|1
    0|0
    • Really? Wow, I didn't know that... ok, I should have added the Agnostic option, but GaG polls are limited to 7 options only :P
      H - Agnostic: upload.wikimedia.org/.../..._Question_Mark.svg.png

• Show All
    • I see, ok, deists are definitely not agnostics...

• Always thought he was agnostic, I knew he wasn't a Christian though.

• What does Christianity have to do with anything relating to politics in America?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because all of the American presidents were christians.

• Show All
    • Oh, no. I just put that because I dont want people to know where i live.

This is what i did.
      Jewish 1.7% + Buddhist 0.7% +Muslim 0.6% + other or unspecified 2.5% + unaffiliated 12.1% + none 4% = 21.6%

I dont know. This isn't really that important to me...

• Ok, I guess it's not that important to me too :P

• Whichever one has the best view towards being pragmatic, targeting achievable social goals while managing and controlling spending momentum.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't base my votes on a candidate's religion, and I don't think a meaningful percentage of Americans do, either.

1|0
    0|0
    • I hope so, because there are lots of religious bigots in the USA...

• All righty then...

• In order of sanity I'd choose

Atheist (though Agnostic would be even more sane).
    Buddhist
    Hindu (this is where I'd put progressive Christian denominations)
    Jew
    Muslim (this is where I'd put extremest/weird Christian denominations)
    Wiccan
    Satanist

1|0
    0|0
    • You think Muslims are more sane than Wiccans?

• Show All
    • They have the same relation to ancient pagan practice and mentality that the Delta Tau Chi fraternity's toga party had to Roman senators. The mentality part is where they really fail utterly. It is utterly impossible for a modern person to think like a neolithic one.

• I know... that's why they have created a modern version of paganism and pantheism (neo-panagism and neo-pantheism).

• I'd vote for the atheist candidate!

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• buddist alll for it

2|0
    0|0
  • Atheist candidate. Religion should have no place in politics so that's the best solution.

2|1
    0|0
    • Yup, you are so right ;)

• Whichever one wouldn't fuck up our country.

2|0
    0|0
  • the best one. I don't care what religion they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not an American, but Atheist would be the best, however, if I'd had to choose between religious candidates, then I would probably choose Buddhist or Wiccan.

1|0
    0|0
  • Any religion but a Muslim

1|1
    0|0
    • Wtf, even Satanists?

• I believe in person not the religion. I dont hate muslims. I just dont want to see a Muslim influence in america. I want to see this country kept Christian. Not too sure what to make of these Satanist s.

• I think most people chose Atheist because they believe that no religion can cloud their judgement while failing to realizing its personal ethicals, values, and ideologies which can deter that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Personal ethical values have nothing to do with religion ;)

• I meant to say their own personal ethics* Lol, must have been typing too fast.

• Oh, ok, lol :P

• Any religion but not a Satanist.

1|0
    0|0