Why does every country seem to LOVE Australians?

Seriously! It's great I'm Australian so I love it! But I've have had many occasions where it's like wow why? What kind of view are you getting from us from telly!

eg;
- I went into a bar in Canada and I ended up not paying for a single drink because I was Australian.
- a lady at a beauty counter in Macy's ended up giving me free samples every time I said something because she loved my accent.
- People seem to get hell excited when they realise your Australian!

WHATS YOUR OPINION?

Most Helpful Guy

• New Zealanders also get this to. Australia and New Zealand are both seen as good places to live. Down this part of the world we don't have many of the problems that much of the rest of the world has.

What Guys Said 24

• Australians are generally fearless about meeting and talking to people in foreign countries. You aren't generally uptight or judgmental, the girls aren't feminists, and you all seem to like to laugh more than to lecture people about what's better about your country, as people in the US and England tend to do.

• Apparently you haven't been paying attention to all the 'fuck off; we're full' and 'fit in or fuck off' campaigns, or have heard them talk about aboriginals, wogs, or Asians.

• The ones who travel abroad, I have never heard that kind of talk. I've never BEEN to Australia.
      The difference is,I hear that talk a LOT from the British people who travel to the US

I'm not saying the Aussies are perfect people. I haven't yet met perfect people. What about you?
      Your point is well taken though, I've heard that many Aussies don't like the aboriginals, nor the Asian immigrants..

Could I ask where you are from?

• @Nuqood Well now you're just being stereotypical mate, we muck around we are hilarious! Aboriginals aren't too much of an issue we joke around about them occasionally. We muck around with wogs as they are like fam. Asians/Indians yes we have a problem with because majority of Australia is surrounded by them they are taking over our population tysm!

• No one likes Australians here in South Africa 😂😂😂

Accents are "meh" to us as compared to how the US views it. British accents (London) are the type of accents that are 👌 but I guess it's relatively close to the Sydney accent.

I had a few Australian exchange students come to my school and the gents from Tanzania are just... No. 😂 there was one from a small town (I forgot what it was called) but whenever I imitate his accent, he'd be like: "You siyound loiyk shieeet maaiyyt huehuehue" 😂😂😂👏👏👏

It's only the exotic people up in the westernly north.

• Well here in Australia we strongly dislike South Africans so I guess we can call it even MAAAAIYT LOIYK SHIEEEEET HEHEHEHE

• Like Perth? 😂

Are there aborigines there? 😱

• @QooLipBite haha, if only you knew the magic of northbridge after 1. am...
      😐🔫

• The fuck'd you get that idea bloke?

• FYI I live in Canada and most females don't need to pay for their drink ever, specially clubbings. Some idiot guys tends to buy you free drink and/or the bartender gives it to you for free because you're good looking and whatnot. In any case, I gotta admit, I do have a thing for Australian or British accent just like Adelaide Kane's many accent. I'll probably marry someone like her just for her accent alone XD

• Everyone loves Aussies. Australia has that sexy-sun-exotic thing goin' on. And Australia as a country is so likeable. They haven't done a anything to anyone. Plus timtams are amazing.

Cheers mate 😎😎

• Wonder if the aborigines and Polynesians feel the same way.

• @ConsultantIsBack , have a look on YouTube bro, a whole school in NZ doing the haka to salute lomu

• @timmy111 omg i need to check that out!

• Because of the accents, laid back lifestyle, pretty ladies lol, but seriously y'all are such awesome people and so chill.

• Umm I think Australia is a beautiful country and most of the people like it so basically they'll like all things about Australia like the peoples, clothes etc.
    Maybe :p

• Ask Indians... They'll hoot and cheer about how much they like Aussies... Except on the cricket field of course... We have gotten wrecked too many times by Aussies not to be bitter about it

• becuase we admire people who play thier life on hardcore mode
    I play on easy mode, i life in the netherlands :P, nothing tries to kill me here
    In Australia EVERYTHING can kill you, so yhea...
    Kudo's to you for living in hardcore mode :P

• They got a good rep

• I don't think it was your accent. I think it was you.

• Aussie chicks have pretty tits

• That accent is just amazing! Haha

• I don't like you guys; You sound ridiculous when you speak.

• I love Australian accents. I think the accent ha what makes people like Australians.

• It's the accent 😄

• The vast majority of y'all Aussie girls are just gorgeous, not to mention the Lovely accent.

• I can't stand them were delighted to see the All Blacks beat them in the Rugby Union World Cup.

• Third point can't really be used as evidence, but here in America there are a handful of bad Australian stereotypes, one off the top of my head is the Australian animal expert.

• Did you only experience this in Canada? Because your title says all countries.

Anyway it's probably because of your accent. I received the same treatment when I was in the US and Canada too, and I'm British.

• Nah I've experienced it in US, Canada, Japan, Bali, Europe and a few others

• My Australian friend told me that even Australians are pretty racist, especially against Muslims

• by the way, I don't think those things happened because you're australian

• Again, I doubt it

• AGAIN, I didn't ask if you thought they happened for that reason. TYSM

• Are you sure it's because your Australian anf not because, looking at your profile pic, your fine as hell

• Well they said to me "are you Australian" and after I said yes I got freeeee shit! Weeeeee!

• Well they might have just neen using that as an ice breaker, I still think the reason it happens is like 90% because of how fine you are

• Not in UK we see you as one of us.
    we are cousins of all , she's your Queen too😝

• Haha I've never been to the UK! I'll definitely have to check it out to see !

• *after all* not of all.

We only take the piss in that family way like you do with us.

• Coz they're sexy af!

What Girls Said 11

• Hahah this is hilarious but I agree, I now live in Canada for a couple of years now, I just think they have a certain opinion and that really there is nothing bad stigma about our country!

• Haha I guess so! That's awesome I'm moving to Canada in May for a year but I'll probably stay longer if I enjoy it!

• it's your accent basically. Sadly I'm American so I have a boring none sexy American accent. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNvM_A5h1Vo

• I think its because Australia is a peaceful country - it does not have a reputation for warring against anybody and people are attracted to what is exotic and foreign.

• because you guys are finnnne as hell! lol

• *New Zealander shows up* not so popular over here lol

by the way how did you enjoy the Rugby World Cup?

But in all seriousness, I don't think everyone loves Australia. ISIS don't. It sounds cliche but I literally don't care where you're from as long as you're nice.

• Hahaha well... shit! I need some ice from that burn.

Yeah I don't see why anyone would- I've just noticed minor things happen that come across like they do.

• ps. fuck isis

• So true, ISIS' opinion doesn't count!

• I don't know. Dont have any opinion on australian tbh. But they do have a stereotype here for being super cheap on everything.

• What do you mean super cheap on everything? Haha

• hahahaha well that's a first, we do like to bargain that's for sure but I only thought we did that to that extent in Bali!

• Exactly where i hear that. Just next time you go to bali dont go too low on the price. They hate it. Lol

• People like the accent, and there's no reason to really be against Australia politically.

• Cause we're freaking awesome people!!! 🎉🎉🎉

• Well I don't !! Don't assume all do its incorrect

• Lol okay- All individuals that I have came across have then, and in EVERY country there is at least one to.

Also my question states why do all COUNTRYS love Australians. You're also not a country your an individual from a country- but that is fine! :)

What don't you like about them?

• Exactly- which is why I posted this to find out this particular reason purely out of curiosity. Yeah it is strict ridiculously strict actually. That's fair enough!

• Yeah I know. I have no convictions lol dw just would need visa to go there I think.

• I have never noticed this. I find that people like British accents in my area more.

• Accents are so hot haha