Is the one frustration in life the fact that appearance means everything?

Most Helpful Girl

• sad but true. of all the other qualities a person may have, a highly attractive appearance is the straightest path to touching a persons emotions

What Girls Said 13

• No. lol In life? certainly not. There are far more frustrating things than someones perceptions of the aesthetics. You know what frustrates me more in life? Rape. Child abuse/neglect, Animal abuse/neglect, Domestic violence, a legal system that allows the scum that commit these horrible acts to walk off, Homeless and starved Veterans, The fact we are constantly taking in illegals while said Veterans are still not helped... I can go on for ages. But you know what doesn't touch that list by a long shot? Someone else's opinion of beauty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, third party perception is irrelevant in matters of the heart and there are worse things out there than mean words.

• No, I don't think so.

1) I don't agree that appearance means everything. I will admit that appearance and physical attraction in relationships IS important, but it's certainly not everything.

2) Even if it is everything to some people, I don't think that's the "one frustration in life." I think there are far more important things in the world to be concerned with/worried about.

• This is the thing: it doesn't, we just act like it does.

Does it have its benefits? Of course. But it doesn't have to dictate the entire world around us. We give it that power by feeding into the idea that being attractive is the end-all-be-all of the universe.

Being hot doesn't make you intelligent enough to be a scientist that discovers the cure for aids.

Being hot doesn't automatically make you the kind of person who would run into a burning building to save a child that isn't your own.

Being sexy isn't going to make you a good mother or father.

Being bangin' doesn't make you talented.

It really isn't everything at all.

• But it makes a big enough difference to really matter

• That wasn't the only reason he was elected, he ran a reasonable campaign. In fact his looks were only ever brought up AFTER the election, if you paid attention at all.

• Also politics is a corrupt system in of itself, so trust me, looks would NOT be the only deciding factor in that category so I'm still not even slightly convinced.

• It's one of the frustrations of life yes. However, the frustration lessens when you think about how there are many average looking people in the world living their lives and have actual problems to worry about, and you should too, focus on those parts of your life.

• Appearance means a lot, but not everything.
    If you have good morals and personality you put: 1
    If you have beauty you add 0: 10
    If you have money you add another 0: 100
    If you are smart you add another 0: 1000
    If you come from a good honorable family you add another 0: 10000
    But if you take out personality and morals, your only left with a bunch of zeros as your worth.

• Appearances aren't everything. It can get you in the door as far as relationships go because people are more inclined to talk to people they find attractive, but after that personality is a big factor.

• im referring to all walks of life, not just dating

• Well in all aspects appearance does a similar thing. I don't know why I put relationships, force of habit probably.

• EVERYTHING? Since when? Nope.

• yes its sad but true... not online thou... its just by picture.

• Appearance is a factor but it's not everything. People fall in love with your heart and personality. Everyone has a certain code of lock on their hearts. Only one other person has the key to unlock it. You know, it's proven that when you're in love with someone, everything seems beautiful. So no, appearance doesn't mean everything because you should never judge a book by its cover. It's just a contributing factor that society makes a big deal about.

• you could interpret that statement in many ways... so it might be broad enough to be the most prevalent frustration.

• in some ways yes

• I'd argue that spiritual enlightenment (that can mean many things) means everything... Without this, the cycle of want never ceases, no matter what we attain.

• Nope, i couldnt care less what others think of me...

What Guys Said 12

• I wouldn't say they are everything but they do matter a lot.

• Sadly its true, everything else equal more desireable appearances will have more influence on others

• Appearance is critical for first impression. But seriously, in business all that matters is quality results and output. Your brain and your mouth.

• No, I don't think so.

The thirst for power is the one frustration in life. Having power, whether it is religious influence, political influence, media influence, or just being ridiculously rich seems to solve everything else for humans and not acquiring that makes people do stupid stuff.

• No. The one frustration in life is that you really cannot do anything you actually want to without at least one other person's approval.

• not for me. my appearance ranks in the 95th percentile. @xHoneyxBeex can vouch for the number of reports I've made in the last week of girls asking me for my nudes

• Appearance means a lot, but it certainly isn't a fact that it means everything.

• hmmm nope
    more 'finding myself'

• I'd say its money to be honest.

• Appearance doesn't mean everything, but it does mean a lot. There's two halfs. Appearance and personality. Now personality is also lumped together with chemistry, which is really the glue to it all.

• As far as business is concerned looks will only get you so far. You either have to know what the hell you're talking about or bullshit. Can't just go by looks.

• I don't think it does, at least it hasn't in my experience.

• Yeah that doesn't help.