What's the story behind your gag username?

As most of you already know, bumblebee is a bee, but also the transformer Bumblebee which is where my username comes from. The transformer - not the bee. My sister saved my number on her phone as "Bumblebee" after we watched the movie and so, I officially became BumbleBee. :p

What about yours?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 40

• Soeone told me , "Listen, Marty, fella, you could use some advice. Why not join this Girls ask Guys site?' With their eyebrows raised, saying, in effect, 'Do it or else?'

So I joined, right then and there, and called myself what she had called me, Marty, fella.

• it's a combination of the words 'normal' and 'malice' into 'normalice'.

I chose it about 15 years ago as my go-to internet handle, because it's more compact than 'average animosity' or 'standard seething hatred'. Been using it whenever I could ever since..

• When in uni, my roommates said that I talk so in depth about sports and fighting games, that I should teach classes about video game strategy at uni! :-P

So "Prof" is short for professor, and "Don" is the first syllable of my last name!

• Just look at my pic and it should be obvious. ;) ... You can stop laughing now. :(

• 3|0
  • Well I like cats! I'm brave, plus the mane of a lion (my hair) = TheBraveLion
    Yeah and now I realise how pathetic it is lol xDD

• i like watermelon

• My username is my own personal spinoff of a song by My Chem Ro called "Skylines and Turnstiles." I had been listening to I Brought You My Bullets, and I had been trying to think about things I really like - waves and sunsets popped up. Originally I was going to play with another song title from that album like "Headfirst for Halos," but this felt natural.

• no big story.
    I was playing with some German friends World of Warcraft and needed a new name for a new character. so I was thinking about something I liked and ended up with this one... not sure anymore if I got inspired by something special, I don't think so.

So the name is pronounced like in German, it's You-mix and not Yummy-x... but it doesn't really matter lol

• I took it from a stage name used by an Austrian actor I admire.

• 2|0
  • I don't know i was thinking of a name and i was like man im just a dude... man

• Was half-arsedly learning Arabic and I was big into naming shit things like RuduhaAli or Koskesh (Farsi, I know), but I didn't want another name pertaining to fighting/pimping so I just went with money.

http://abload.de/img/make-it-rain-arab2qjn3.gif

• I'm in corporate consulting, professionally :)

• I am old and decrepit sometimes... not really that old and usually pretty upbeat so it is a play on my age and my character.

I am older than the 20 somethings that use this site, but I think I can offer a different perspective on things.

• My name is Zoran, but Zorax sounds kinda SF/futuristic, like some Alien name :P

• I based mine of my main man Doflamingo 8)
    pa1.narvii.com/.../...e3e71d711f8fe225ed49a_hq.gif

• hotstuff : I like this word though it doesn't apply on me 😂
    SRD : Is what I was known in my school 😎

• I had an embarrassing question I wanted to ask and didn't want to use the name I use for everything as then my friends might see it so I thought of the most random thing I could which was RedAmulet

• got banned 4x first as Creeper1o1 then the next 3 was back2back and have already forgotten the usernames i used because the short time periods i was using them, so my latest user name is now Promise I'll Be Nice. I'd like to think i've kept that promise ;P

• "Noxifer" is latin for "He who brings darkness".
    626 is a number often associated with horror.
    I chose it when I started playing League of Legends because I thought it would intimidate my opponents (I was 7 years old, okay? XD) and it just kind of stuck around.
    It's my name almost everywhere on the internet, this and Totito30.

• Can't remember my exact thought process when I was 16 but I was very much a perv and a joker at that time. So 1+1=3.

• My name is Curtis and Damn the user who took it.

• Alligators are naked...

I like alligators.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• My nickname and a bunch of random numbers. I'm just so creative.

• My name is Yan
    I just made the rest up
    a name with my name in it.. twice!

• I'm a guy, im white, and I can be random

• I didn't want to use my usual username, so I thought of a cool word.

• I'm a huge Smiths fan and I am named after a sentence in The Smith's song - There is a light that never goes out.

• First initial and last name of a character in a science fiction book I'm writing.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 27

• I don't know, it just came like that tbh haha I didn't really take the time to chose my username and I kind of regret it now because it's kind of misleading and people think it's my real name haha.
    Well, Elissa/Dido is the Phoenician queen who founded Carthage, and Carthage (nowadays in my home country Tunisia) would become one of the biggest empires and civilization in the Mediterranean and Rome's biggest enemy. So yeah, it's part of my Heritage and history that's why I chose it :p
    www.mythindex.com/images/painting-dido-sm.jpg

• I play as Dido and Carthage sometimes in Civ5. I always thought that's what it was.

• @Northeast106 Oh cool!!! Never heard of this game, and yeah Hannibal was probably the most emblematic Carthaginian leader, he rode elephants in his army when he went in the Alps to attack Rome

• I actually didn t know that :p
      My history teacher alwaulys said as phoenicians didn t offer much to hummanity :p
      Especially in the art repertoire :p
      Gotta discuss this with her soon :p

• It has something to do with one of his clones.
    vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• Esplorare is Italian for 'explore'. I had been daydreaming about my adventures in Italy all week when I created this username.

• Awwww, that photo just made smile and tilt my head too. :) <3

Thank you, Queen Bee, hahah. ;)

The story behind my G@G username is my love for calla lily flowers and the fact that my mother got married with a bouquet of those flowers before I was born. She's just as beautiful as them.

Going to read everyone else's answers now.

• Nachtmeerde is Dutch for "night docked". I'm slightly Goth and I like my poetry/ metaphors, but 'Stygian banks' would be far too quaint and pretentious.

• I liked My Little Pony, and I was obsessed for a while with it. there is a character on the show named Rainbow Dash, who is my favorite character from the show. I just put Rainbow so it wouldn't be so obvious that I liked talking ponies.

fc05.deviantart.net/.../...timmy_fooba-d51dl7k.png

Fan is there because... I'm a fan of the show.

And Girl... because you know, I'm a girl. :p

• It's quite obvious, isn't it? 😛
    Yeah, basically, I always talk too much, way more than I should, I often say stupid shit, my friends tend to get annoyed with it, so I hear "SHUT UP SELENE!!!" all the freaking time. It has kind of stuck, and now they say it mostly just joking around. Selene is my name, yes. 💁🏻

• RJ = my middle initials and also my internet alias. Graveytrain - A spin off of my surname that my dad gave me

• Azure = blue. Blue is my favorite color, and AzureGirl sounded cool.

Girl because well... I'm a girl :P

• Well, as we all do I tried to choose a cool username.

I go by many names:

@TheLastGirlScout
    @LastGirlScout
    @GirlScoutsRevenge
    And finally... GirlScout

I just thought The Last Girl Scout sounded cool and I really like Bruce Willis (did the film The Last Boy Scout) .

• My mother is Italian and she was born in Sorrento. I love the song Sorrento Moon by Tina Arena... hence the name 💜

• I didn't know what else to write...

• Tacos. Need I say more?

• Just the surname of one of my favourite characters :)

• I think I'm pretty empathetic, and I'm a lady. Mine's boring, haha.

• Aww cutee pic.
    Well I am an architecture student.
    Therefore everything in my life is related to architecture, including my username :p

• I was going through the phase of searching for my inner soul or something. Lol

• Isn't really one.

Kay = Shortened version of my middle name, Kayla.
    211 doesn't mean anything, the numbers just popped in my mind at the time.

• It's part name, part personality trait. Play on words that I sounded cool.

• Bumble because I wanted something bumblebee related as a username because it sounded cute. And then Deev because it's part of my last name

• There is no story. It's just a made up name.

• Homicidal Queen is from a song i was obsessed with called

Sex Metal Barbie by in this moment

• There's no story , just pure randomness

• Middle name is Elizabeth and Biersack because I love Andy Biersack

• Only the real life people who actually know me would get it.

• I got it from this brand then changed it

• Tantanyasf I like to tan my name is Tanya and my city SF. 🌉