Losing attraction for someone?

Does it tend to happen gradually for you, or does it suddenly hit you that you're no longer attracted to them?

usually it hits me suddenly, but I've been realizing that I think I'm no longer attracted, or as attracted, to someone that I used to be really attracted to.

Its weird, I'd think about wanting to fuck him like daily and I haven't really thought about him in a sexual way in about a week? Huh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, had the same reaction. I see a girl and I'm like "She is gorgeous" that though always through my mind. Then one day my opinion just flips.
    Typically happens when I get to know them and I find how much of a 'bitch' they are.

• Oh see I'm referring to someone you've been speaking with so you already know their personality, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on the person, but most of the time it's gradually. i can relate to the sudden change in thought process though.

• Yep. And then it's like a splash of cold water and you realize they do things that are actually quite off putting and you question your body's decision making abilities on who you're attracted to 😂

• oh my gosh i knoww! then you're like "him? really? wtf was i thinking?" -.-

What Guys Said 5

• There are actually studies on this. .. but I'm too lazy to find them on my phone to post. Women's and mens brains are wired slightly different.

For men and myself it would take a long time to fall in love. Equally it'd take a long time to fall out of love. .. and i mean really long and sometimes never. But it's also more of a chosen decision to fall in love. It's one of the reasons men have an easier time doing one night stands without a problem.

Studies have shown women fall in and out of love easier and quicker. It's one of the reasons why do divorces are statistically driven first by the wife and it's more emotionally impulsive. Often a guy being too on demand can cause a loss of interest where previously they liked it

• Yeah it's such a gradual process with me that I don't notice it happening. I can want a woman so damn badly then over the months it diminishes slowly to the point that I look back and wonder where it all went. It's so bizarre and I really don't understand it.. I think that people need to express themselves more in a relationship to keep the spark alive..

• Yeah. I think 'cause I lost like.. romantic feelings for him and reverted back to platonic ones, I don't really feel as into it or him as I once was. So now it's just like... well alright. Nothing came of that and now nothing probably will because I don't really want to jump your bones as badly anymore lol

• I wish I understood human emotions better because it's bizarre how quickly shit can change.

• No kidding. Some things would be lovely to have answers to.

• It feels like it happens all of a sudden but it probably just wanes I think until suddenly one day you notice you are not thinking about them all the time or you are thinking about someone new

• The idea kinda pops in my head briefly, then just hits me a few days later

• It varies sometimes it's gradual sometimes it's sudden.

What Girls Said 1

• Same here woman! Lost of interest for me is a feeling that I am no longer interested in them. I think I've felt like that for a couple of weeks now. And it slowly fades out.

• Yeah. It's a bummer cause I mean, I don't really know where our friendship stands without the attraction aspect lol

• Try being in a relationship with them -__-
      I'm trying to move on. It's fucking easier said then done. I really thought they would of been the one. Oh wells. Disappointment.