Do meat eaters really think you can't get enough protein without meat?

Animals don't make protein, plants assimilate Nitrates to make protein. All the protein you ever ate came from a plant. The only reason it was in the meat is because the animal ate it. Not only that, but animals also break protein down for energy; in other words, meat production doesn't make protein it wastes it. And contrary to popular thought Quinoa isn't the only complete plant protein, black and red beans are as well.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4284/2
And 1 bag of black beans costs $1.69 and will give you 108 grams of protein with only 840 calories and that's not withstanding all of the phytonutrients. Also if you're going to mention that animals can produce non-essential amino acids, yeah, they can BUT not from scratch. They take an alpha keto acid and transaminate the alpha-keto acid with an amino acid BUT the amino group would have to come from another amino acid that the animal would have ultimatley had to ingest. So there is no net production of protein.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it's stupid. I think people just haven't done their research on it and just believe what people tell them.
    It's biazarre sometimes, I have this... ehm cousin in law? And she loves aimals so much and yet she eats loads of meat and I just can't see how she doesn't make the connection? But it's just normal for her, it's how it's always been, it's easy not question

There's an obsession with protein in general. I had a friend give me this super healthy pancake recipe that basically replaced flour with protein powder. People think it's healthier to eat a byproduct of a byproduct, in a chemical cocktail, than ground wheat.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I want something that offers less carbohydrates and more fat.

• 60% of your caloric intake should be carbohydrates.

• I disagree with that percentage. But then again I disagree with quite a few things with the current meal portions.

What Girls Said 2

• No, I just love chicken.
    I like plants too but I don't want to just stick to one.

• I used to be a vegetarian, so I completely understand. However I switched to Pescetarian.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah I think I'll stick to meat, beans aren't that great but I'll eat those to.

• Nice explanation!! Makes me pleased I've been a life-long veggie!!