Are dogs better companions than humans?

Would you prefer to spend the rest of your life with dogs or with humans? Do you really need social interaction with other humans or is it more harmful than good?

Most Helpful Girl

• In some ways, yes. Dogs give their owners safe, unconditional love. Your dog will never hurt or abuse you (unless you've done that to him for a while first). Your dog can probably sense your emotions and behave in ways that seem empathetic.

Yet, a dog can't provide some of the comforts a human can. He can't actively hug you. He can't share advice or perspective. He can't go all places with you, and he can't be your lover. (If you disagree with that last point, then please don't disillusion me.)

But, hey, a dog is definitely good for those times when you aren't feeling up to human company for whatever reasons.

• Dogs can be excellent lovers. Just google it. There's women who have passionate sex with their dog every single day.

• 🐵🙈🙉🙊

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather spend my time with a human.

Doesn't mean dogs aren't better companions, though.

What Girls Said 2

• nah i need humans, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE dogs. had em all my life.

• I'd prefer humans. You can't hold intelligent conversations with dogs.

What Guys Said 11

• I almost lean towards the "dogs" side... I'm quite happy in my own company, and while I think human interaction is very important, I think I could get along just fine with just a dog or dogs.
    :-) they're awesome

• Maybe they are, but an sword is the most trusted "companion" that a man should have. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz2DknROaI8

• Yes, you do need human interaction to stimulate certain parts of your brain. Will you die or undergo significant problems? Maybe not. I wouldn't know, I'm not qualified to answer medically. I do know that a dog is a damn good friend though :)

• You do actually need social interaction with humans. "Need".

• Obviously a human is going to be better but sometimes a dog will do.

• most o the time yes

• With a human. You get more emotional and physical interaction.

• depends. humans are better. and who are you to say needs interactions with humans or not?>

• and you're a bestality person? why is the sexual behaviour forum?

• Have you been dumped recently?

• Simply noo