What keeps you going with life?

You know that the world is shit, people die, there are terrorists. You don't know what to believe anymore because nearly everything is full of lies and you absorb the media, news and the internet without witnessing the truth for yourself. You cannot be 100 percent sure whether god made you or that evolution is the answer. You're just here to live life, get a job, get a family and maybe if you're lucky, do something you're really good at and enjoy doing for years on end. You know that one day you will die and then all that you have done will have been basically for nothing because you won't be conscious and eventually, the people who knew you and your talents, will be dead too. you're constantly surrounded by negative people and a lot of your life, you will be hurt pysically and even mentally by yourself and things/people around you. my question is... why do you keep going on with your life?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I agree with you mostly, with the whole nihilism thing. Subjectively I'm a hedonist though; I aim to be as happy possible and to make as many other people as I can as happy as I can, because when life is objectively meaningless, why not? I don't think the world is shit, yes there are terrible things that happen but there are also wonderful and amazing things, and people who love each other and want to help. When it comes to death, that's not something I fear nearly so much as pain tbh; I don't think I'll know much about it when I die anyway, I just hope I get to live a good life first. What I'm more scared of is losing loved ones to death; I know it happens to us al but I want to protect them all for as long as I can..

Are you okay ThatTomGuuy? This is deep stuff, I feel like maybe you could do with a hug? *hugs*

• That was warming, thankyou, this is deep stuff, but I felt I needed to vent it out a little. thanks for the hug ;)

• No problem :) , and I understand, don't get too sucked into an existential crisis though <3

Most Helpful Guy

• My life has been nothing but suffering but I have HOPE. Life doesn't always have to be full of suffering, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. How long it takes there, I don't know but when I do get there, it will be so worth it. I haven't enjoyed much in life but I know there is a lot of joy out there

What Girls Said 16

• Hmm well I believe I'm on earth only once in my entire life. And as much as there is havoc created around the world and sometimes around me also, I try to see the world for what it is. I agree that the media focuses on the one piece of breaking news and I feel like the media is there to spread fear. I'm only here to focus on achieving what I want to achieve, become who I want to be as an individual. Care and love the people I know and who are close to me. Everything OUTSIDE from that is not my concern.

• Because I like living my life to the fullest. Believe me there are so many bad days but my good days are amazing. I like to do crazy things, try new things. All sorts of things. And I do it because if I live in this shitty world I have to make it interesting for me.

• I keep going on with my life because life is beautiful. Sure that's cliché, oh life is beautiful and all but it's actually true. There are so many things here that make me happy and I guess because of so many good things I get through the bad. You'll die someday for sure but you don't know where you're going, what if all of this isn't for nothing? What if it's all a long process for something incredibly big we just weren't made to comprehend? The world is fucked, it's always been, but there are things that make me smile every single day and THAT is what I live for. For what makes me smile. For what gives me a purpose. For what makes me a necessity. There are people, there are things, that need me here. And I'm alive, but why? I don't know. I will keep living as long as I can though. Life is fascinating. People are fascinating. The entire cosmos! Everything is so overwhelming and I just can't help but love it and be happy I'm alive to see all the good things happen, despite the bad.

• God, my parents, my siblings, my friends, my family, my dreams, my faith and my dream of finding love.

• Basically for nothing? Smh.

• if it's not for nothing, then what is it for?

• There is no meaning of life, that is true. This is how most people look at it: You find your own purpose, worth and value. You continue living for your ambitions, family, friends or for yourself. Everything and everyone dies but they all served a purpose when they are alive. I always thought that the reason human beings exist and have high intelligence is so we can find the answers the answers to the questions that this universe brings.

• Answers to questions*

• Because I wouldn't be able to deal with the embarrassment of trying to kill myself but failing and having everyone find out

• Knowing that the alternative is pretty shitty.

• Food and.. Yea that's pretty much it.

• life tends to suck, but death might suck a lot more.

• I believe in afterlife. So that. :)

• Gag for sure!

• Don't let life drag you down, it sounds to me like you're thinking about this stuff a lot. To me, living in the moment is important. Going out and having fun, meeting new people and doing things that you enjoy!

• the wish that one day my life goals will be complete. i'll say the excitement

• Be happy with your life.. please.
    When people's primar needs are fulfilled they start worrying about really unnecessary things. You are alive, healthy and have food everyday. What makes you complain this much?
    Be thankful you got a chance to live.. whether it's God or the universe that created you, be grateful and seize the chance while you can!

• even if i was rich i wouldn't be happy. it's more about the things that go through my head

• I wish I was thankful, it's just the people around me, so I feel the need to try and be were they are, which is having a good reason to be happy

• Music. Meditation. Traveling.

• What I love more then anything else is the ability to help others. I like to buy cows, goats, chickens, plants, school supplies and hospital supplies for people in Africa.

What Guys Said 22

• What keeps me going?

Let's face the reality of things, we are all damned, think of this place like hell, there exist two forces, good and evil, the world is neutral.

I worship good, and my agenda is to make heaven, out of hell.

To create and develop the prosperity of life and happiness, and to eliminate and oppose suffering and death.

To unify everyone under this ideological principle, and to act upon it, and ensure the world acts upon it, is my dedication to live, in this world.

• I don't know anymore, but I always keep in mind that things could be worse for me.

I live in a pretty cool place. Work a modest job. Friends with some fun people. My family is a little broken, but I'm adaptable.

I don't know. I'm not really happy. I'm just okay somewhere in the middle. Funny really, cause I'm the middle child.

Meh. I exist and I'm making the most of it.

• One word: Hope. There is always hope when it comes to life. Sure life may shit on you, but there is always that possibility that you can get your stuff out of that situation.

• Be happy and make the best out of life? :/ Grow as an individual as well. Other than that, you have to decide what your life means.

• Car videos, humanitarian efforts, motivational videos, funny gifs, gaining knowledge and experience through learning new things, and knowing that I have a set purpose for myself.

All of the above plus taking the easy way out only leads to more pain.

• I know everyone else is out to get me, and suicide would simply be what they all want. I'm not letting them get what they want.

• Hope for a better day

• Knowing that I survived Afghanistan

• Better to believe and have faith than live without hope. Even if you believe and end up being wrong you'll never know because your dead.

I try to be positive regardless of how bad it can get, because you have to find the good in things to help enjoy life. If your surrounded by constant negativity, it may be time to take a chance and do something different.

• You sound just like me, your smart for just 17

• This might be sad but... serving other people. Other people keep me going because they depend on me so I have to thank them for keeping me going.

• Uh dude evolution and god are not mutually exclusive, the vatican has pretty much supported it since inception

• Curry. Can't LIVE without it!

Get it?

My talent is wasted here.

• Nothing keeps me going. I realized a long time ago that humans are just a mistake.

• One day I will break out of this hell hole that I live in and be free. Waiting for opportunities and love.

• Motivation

• Hoping to finish an app or game at one point in life.

• i work on my own goals.

• I take the good and toss the bad. 200 years ago, 500 years ago and before that were more dangerous times.

• Huh, not sure I can help, but when I'm feeling the way you are, I'm reminded of this song and it actually kind of helps

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GugzLSbOQE

• that kinda helped me too, thanks. haha, not sure what he means by the house though

• Glad it helped! I think the house is just offering himself/his home to lend an ear to the downtrodden. One might think it's a church but Waits isn't big on organized religion. He's done quite a few songs about dealing with a seemingly pointless existence.

• Nothing, honestly. I hate everything about this world. Not to say I'm suicidal, but if I were to face death I wouldn't resist.

• I feel for you. I hope you do find a reason though dude, the same for me really I guess

• The ladies, man. They make life worth livin'.

Do it for the ladies.

• I would be willing to do it for the ladies and that is true yes

• Just watching those magnificent creatures live their lives gives me the strength to keep on going.

Because one day, maybe, I'll catch one that likes me.