Do you believe wishes come true?

So making a wish on 11:11, making a wish when blowing out birthday candles, when throwing a coin into a fountain, on a shooting star, on a wishbone, eyelashes, etc. Do you believe these things really work and that eventually your wish will come true?
I always do these things and I make the same wish every time. I realize how childish it is and that it's not real, but it just gives me hope.

Most Helpful Girl

• So I that I'll probably get like a billion down votes for this comment, but I do the same things. 11:11, shooting stars, candles, dandylions... but I don't wish. I send up a little prayer instead because I don't believe in wishes, but I do believe in prayers. Even unanswered ones =)

Most Helpful Guy

• I always make a wish at 11:11. I know it's stupid and doesn't do anything, but it's become a sort of ritual for me now.

What Girls Said 3

• No I don't believe that doing rituals make your wish come true. But you are right, it gives some people hope.

• no such thing!

• Realistically no but it's nice to try because what's the harm? And who knows might work one day and I'll get a talking dog

What Guys Said 1

• Not for me... But when i pray the exact opposite happens... So one time i prayed to never get laid... Guess what i was doing within a week... True story... Wonder if its a sign