What are the differences between the "American lifestyle" and "European lifestyle"?

I don't think I can say "European lifestyle" because Europe is so diverse, but I've already heard this term being used quite a few times. I remember my French teacher telling us how everything is bigger in the US, but it's all I can think of in terms of differences, but most people I know who visited both told me there is a big difference. What are the main differences?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very broadly:

- The US tends to be pro-gun and anti-sex; Europe tends to be pro-sex and anti-gun
    - Europe tends to have a larger government-controlled social safety net for citizens and visitors
    - Europeans are more frequently multilingual

These are the more conspicuous ones I can think of. Of course there are huge exceptions, these are generalizations, etc. I grew up in the US but lived in three European countries for almost 12 years, so this is all I got. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• From what I've heard from other people and my own experiences here on the internet. Americans tend to be loud and dramatic, but also nice and spontaneous. Europeans seem a lot more reserved. Especially the northern area. Other than that. No idea. Never been to the USA.

What Guys Said 6

• www.europeword.com/.../usa-vs-europe-3.jpg

Here you go! Hope that helps.

• people are also bigger in the US

• American girls shave down there completely while Euro girls let it grow.

• So much that I wouldn't know where to start.
    But she's right we do supersize damn near everything.

• There are tons.

• nothing specific. its just that everything American is more crazy and shallow.

What Girls Said 2

• Europeans value their home lives and quality of life far more than Americans do. Americans do nothing but work and make money, and their poor health and diets are reflective of that.

Europeans do work hard, but they also recognize that time off is essential to being able to keep up a steady working schedule.

• I once heard that the American attitude to life is.. To Work Hard, Play Hard! :)

How true this is, I have no idea.