What is something that affected you as a child?

Most Helpful Guy

• Moved around a lot, went to 14 or so schools from K to now. As I'm getting older I'm realizing that having that happen has affected my ability to form lasting relationships of any kind, and in my personal life there is only one friend outside of my family that I have personally known for more than a year or two.

Most Helpful Girl

• I grew up in an abusive family. My father was a violent alcoholic (not towards me, but towards my mother) and would gamble away everything we had. I'd have trust issues growing up, especially since I didn't have a father figure since my mother divorced him, but it's gotten better now that she remarried and I consider the family I have now as my real family. Still haunts me to this day though.

What Guys Said 3

• Getting scolded in preschool for telling another kid to "Shut up!".
    Looking back at it now I guess I was a child, but finding porno magazines with my buddies... At the time it was awesome, and I don't think it did any major damage, but it did get me started with porn fairly early... So I guess that affected me...

• Not being showing favoritism from my mother like she did my oldest and younger brothers. I can say it made me learn how to get my own. I don't depend on people to be there for me. If they are there I'll just be thankful.

• Bullying and animal cruelty.

What Girls Said 1

• being bullied a lot. molested. moving. life.