Generally which gender has it harder in life men or women?

Who has it harder in life men or women?

• Men
  • Women

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on which area, but to be fair, I think it's mostly men. Men have a much harder time dating, because they are expected to make the first move. Men are also generally held to higher standards, and good luck finding help if you're a male victim of domestic violence or rape.

Then again, pregnancy and child birth is pretty damn difficult, and periods can suck as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think women have it easier until about the age of 20, then it's about even until 25, then men have it easier for the rest of life..

What Girls Said 11

• I think men and women in different ways because: Most feel the need to be masculine and kind of an Alpha male you know ask a woman out on a date to be confident good looking and all od that stuff. Also a lot of men suppress their feeling because they were raised as being emotionless and letting nothing out in a way that has to do with society and what their family is like. For women: Women have be self conscious not all women though but a wide majority of them are self conscious about that type of stuff. Women have to bleed every month unless they are on some type of birth control or have a hysterectomy or something like that. A lot of women are thought as too feminine or too ' lesbian' or whatever. But none of those things matter you should be happy no matter what. society says a ton of B. S but remember people are people so why should it be. ( Depeche Mode lyrics) :) I don't want to come off as a biased or a feminist I believe in equal rights so my answer is equal as you can see.

• Your daddy has it harder ;)

• Well before feminism, I think it was equal.
    Now women want to do everything.
    You know our bodies go through much more changes than man.
    Period pregnant menopose...
    Which makes us get tired amd weak sooner and be more vulnerable.
    Plus usually the woman isnthe ine taking care of the child household etc..
    That s why before men tend to protect women and cherish them.
    Now in today s world, women want also to provide and be independent of herself.
    So she s actually doing it all
    So def women have it harder.

• Women-have the babies, period, crazy hormones, we get judge by our beauty more than guys, and we have to be independent to support our kids.

• people working in sweat shops have it 'harder'.

men and women are not separate groups. they are what makes up human population. they do the same work have the same emotional experiences dream, hope plan get angry live die...

• I do not really know, I can't say without research.

• I don't care if I'm being biased, my vote goes for women.

• i think women has it harder

• Men steal and women sell sex. So both are equal

• Men have it a lot worse.

Now watch how much hate I get for this.

• Why do you think they do?

• Men are held at a high standard than women. Women can rape, steal, cheat, etc and will blame the men. Guess who gets in trouble for the women's mistakes? Men do. Sure, women have periods and child birth and are mislead by the media. However, men can't ask women out anymore without being deemed as a creep, they can't open a door for a woman without that woman thinking that he is disrespecting her. Men can't do anything these days without being put into a horrible category. Just like a man could be raped by a female but nothing will ever come of it because everyone thinks that women are the only ones who can be raped.

• Hard to say, I think more is expected of men but societal pressures about a woman's body and looks and youth and reproductive health is all out on display to be judged by everyone. Some guys even call it "just natural male sexuality" when they stare down women or catcall

What Guys Said 7

• My only complaint about the entire dynamic is that women's issues seem to be taken a lot more seriously than men's issues. The first thing that comes to mind is having to deal with false rape allegations, how men who have been found innocent are still treated as being guilty, and another is how men are punished more severely than women for the same crime committed. Another problem I have is that female behaviour seems to be favoured over male behaviour (I firmly believe the boom of A. D. D. and Ritalin is partly due to the behavioural standards being modeled after female behaviour).

The only reason why I'm saying men have it harder is because men's issues seem to have a harder time being recognized and considered, especially when women's groups and just the average schmuck feel that you can't tackle both issues at once (and by that I mean they think money can't go towards both men's shelters and women's shelters). In regards to our problems? That's like comparing shit to shit with flies; There's no sense in comparing the severity of each individual problem since we both have severe ones and less severe ones.

I partially blame men for their own downfall, too, since we should have the sense to stop a lot of these issues. Nobody's putting a gun to your head to get married so you can experience the bullshit that comes with the (increasingly) inevitable divorce, so just stop getting married. Tired of being the one who always pays? Don't date, or demand you go dutch.. or skimp out on expensive dates altogether. A lot of our issues can be resolved if we stopped being stupid and stopped focusing all of our efforts on getting pussy (for example: circumcision is for women, not for men. Circumcision does nothing for a man's penis except make it nicer to look at for a woman, so stop fucking cutting your son's dicks up just so a girl can like the look of it better, and you'll have done your part to stop male genital mutilation in the west).

• well men of course. society favors women in every way now you can't even make a joke without some vagina going to HR.

• Neither children have it the worst they get abused and they don't even know they can contact CPS. They have to listen to grown ups all the time.

• Lol I agree with MHO guy.
    But its all relative, I may believe i have had a hard life up until now but it is different for the next guy or girl. I think what it comes down to is resiliency.

• Men, obviously.

• GENDER WAR!!! i hate these questions! Stop dividing us more!

• Women, hands down.

Not because men oppress them particularly (though when that occurs it doesn't help), just because of their nature and the situations the exigencies of life impose.