Gents, who of you have been in an army before?

I have a few questions in mind to ask you gents:

What type of physical work did you take part in?

What were the mental work or challenges that were explored?

What was your diet like?

0|0
0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• My 3 greatest enemies in the Special forces were
    1. Hunger. Even though get much food, it is never enough.
    2. Sleep. If you get more than 4 hours of sleep you're lucky.
    3. Cold. Or lets just say extreme high or low temperatures.

0|1
    0|0
    • were you ever given Ration packs? (small containers that only fit a limited amount of food for one day)
      the ones where it's light but high in energy values and calories?

• Show All
    • Can you recall what your Ration packs consisted of?

• Water, all of us had 2 full canteens and usually this was enough. Sometimes, again depending on the exercise, every company had a barrel of water where we could refill.
      The ration pack consisted of 2 cans of meat, 2 small packs with crackers, coffee, tea, marmalade and a small metal base with solid fuel and matches to cook all this stuff.

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 2

• I am not in the military but know US soldiers.

Mentally speaking it is very tough, especially reintegrating into civilian life !

You will miss the guys you have been around for so long, one soldier told me they will be like real brothers to you and the chance of never being with them in your life after the military can destroy you, you trusted them with your life even after all !

What's very bad is when your spouse breaks up with you while you are deployed :(

This song here sums it up very well ! Check out this guy's other videos, he makes music that helps veterans cope with life after the military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cM-zE14egg

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly running, pushups, pullups, situps, rolls and other freehand exercises.

The mental part is awesome. Get ready to be smashed!!

Good, healthy diet

0|0
    0|0
    • were you ever given Ration packs? (small containers that only fit a limited amount of food for one day)
      the ones where it's light but high in energy values and calories?