What's the worst pain you've ever felt?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 24

• This one time when I was like 10 I got bucked off a horse (lol) and literally landed on my chin. I bit my tongue to the point where I had teeth marks in it and it bled. That was a rough time.

Serves me right though. I was the one who decided to hop on the brand new horse that was marketed as "opinionated" bareback right after he got off the trailer. :p

I think it took a second from my butt touching his back to my chin hitting the dirt.

He was opinionated alright. And his opinion was that being ridden wasn't for him haha

Oh. And one time when I was 17 I was attempting to calm my personal horse down and I had my hands on his halter and he spooked, tossed his head, and because I am so small, I went up with him, over his back, and landed on my butt in the dirt behind him. Ouch haha

And this other time when I was 7 I "wanted to watch the pretty ponies run" when I went to the barn with my mom. And she told me not to stand in their way but my dumbass did it anyway and when my mom whistled for the horses to come I watched all 8 of them run toward the barn. And I didn't move. And the first horse was kind of a pistol and he just went right ahead and kneed me in the gut and all 8 of them proceeded to run over me.

My mom was pissed. Did she care that I had just gotten run over by 8 full grown horses? No. I mean, I'm sure she did, but mostly, seeing I was up and moving around, she was ticked. She grounded me from the barn for like a month lol

Good times with horses <3

• Lesson learned, stay the fuck away from horses

• Lol you gotta train them first. Never just hop on a horse you've never met.

• @ShayanMortazavi1 - Yes, I know. I have been around horses my entire life. I know how to behave around them. I listed a few of my blunders from my youth in answer to this question. I find the stories amusing as I was not seriously hurt.

I have known people who have been killed in horse related incidents and I acknowledge the potential danger they posses. But I also think they are powerful and beautiful creatures. Nothing better than letting your horse go on a 3 mile straightaway and being crouched along his neck when he goes 50 mph. It's awesome.

I have a barrel horse who we recently retired. He's super fast and super awesome. :D

• Period. My menstrual cycle is brutal.

And losing my pets/regret. One time our dogs had puppies about a month apart. We wouldn't have let this happen, but my mom thought the male puppy wasn't fertile yet. And all of our animals are spayed/neutered now. Well, the second dogs puppies started dying. And we eventually found out the other mama dog had been stealing the puppies and biting them in her mouth and killing them when the other was away. So, when the mama was with her puppies I went in the house to grab a cookie. And when I came back, the first born was dead in the grass. In 3 minutes she had her life stolen from her. She was white with dark spots and had black on her lips that curled into a smile, so I had named her Joker. And there she was warm and dead with the tiniest puncture wounds. And I felt terrible because I was a pig who didn't think to watch her and left her. And her mama had failed her. And I was a mess. We had put the killer in a pen but she dug out. We then put the mama in the pen and the other stopped. The killer was half husky so we think some instinct told her to kill the competition which was weird because all of her puppies were healthy and she was fed double, so it wasn't like resources were limited. Anyways, I felt terrible and it showed me how fragile life can be. One second things are beautiful and have their entire lives ahead, and the next they're dead, beautiful and innocent and dead.

And a few weeks after that, that killer dog contracted tetanus and died in the vet's office pumped up with pain meds and everything they could give her-away from her puppies. And the vet said in all his years, he had only ever seen 1 more case. And none of our other dog's got it. So, maybe there's really brutal dog karma out there.

• Anticipatory grief. When you know something bad is going to happen to someone you love or yourself and you have to keep going. (like terminal illness or probably the family of a soldier). It may be even harder than losing the person.

Physical pain I would say menstrual cramps as a teenager. They were so debilitating, I always had to be sent home. I fractured my jaw before, and that should've been

• The part in my life where I can't find a solution to a problem. The moment when i realize that no-one is going to save me, help me, craddle me... the moment where i decide that no matter what I do I am worthless. The time when I was helpless and when I realize that love is not given or found but its something u have to search for.

• Physical pain This, I have a messed up pinky finger since I broke it last year T_T
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ni3z29.jpg
    Emotional: Losing one of my best-friends in June and failing Medicine.

• Ouch, how did that happen?

• It's still broken right now?

• @ShayanMortazavi1 Yup, it is :s the only way to fix it is to break it again (surgery) but the doctor said the risk of infection is high and he doesn't advice me to do it

• I had a brain aneurysm in December. Technically it's an Avenous Malformaion, where a part of your brain's veins get knotted to point where they blow up. so i had to have brain surgery to remove the mass and now it's replaced with a little ball of titanium.

I swear the pain felt like my head was going to blow up. One doctor called it a thunder clap headache because of the intensity and another doctor (who also had an avm lol) said she wanted to die when hers happened.

I remember coming home from McDonalds and not being able to get up out of the car because of how dizzy I was and how much my head hurt. I have never puked so much in my life lol. They took me in to the ER, where they found blood in my skull (not normal) and rolled me to an ambulance, where I then passed out. My mom says I almost died and I believe her lol. 2 months later and I had to get it removed, then a day after surgery I was back to school full time.

It was hell.

• Omg a long time ago my brothers ex girlfriend punched me in my fucking stomach for no damn reason

Worst day ever
    She got curssed out by everyone though

• Pregnancy and child birth.

• Broke Both legs an arm, hip, shoulder. I'm not sure how many bones. My motorcycle was hit broadside by a car.

• Toss up between migraines, period cramps, and RA flare ups.

• dislocated knee cap

• I did that too it sucks so bad, recently had surgery to fix it but yeah is horrible

• My back pain.
    I freaked out everyone in the Dean's office.

• heartbreak was the most painful thing. but if you mean physically, my tattoo on the ribs.

• mourning.
    ...

• My brother punched me so freaking hard. I was so sore for days

• Giving birth.

Hands down.

No drugs either for two out of the three labours. All natural.

• I can't even think of anything. Must not have had any major pain.

• Toothache 😣

• When I put my arm against a semi stack while the semi was running. It burnt my elbow

• lost of loved one

• When the bone in my arm was reset after I broke it.

• Physically - getting food poisoning twice in one week from two different restaurants in two different countries (USA and Canada). I couldn't stand up even.

Emotionally - living with depression and being in a really bad place

• Unrequited love. Rejection from my father,

• Bikini cut... not the actual surgery because I was mophed up but afterwards... ouch! Was walking bent over at snail pace for days, every step felt like i got a new cut. And you can't laugh or you'll burst your stitches plus it hurt like hell. Took about two months to get back to normal, no running or lifting anything.

What Guys Said 36

• fractured all the bones in my lower body. the worst pain (because i wasn't conscious when the fractures occurred) is when i was in the hospital in traction. basically they set the bones in place but no castes because they stagnate healing. but if someone knocked the traction system the bones would unset and jam into my tissue.

it was curse out loud scream and moan until the morphine shot came type of pain

• I experienced having the tip of my right right ring finger amputated in an industrial paper cutter.

That wasn't what hurt.

What hurt was the ER nurse cleaning my finger prior to reattaching the severed flesh. That felt like she took a wire brush to my soul.

The second most painful thing I experienced was when they doctor sewed my finger tip back on. Three of the stitches had to go through my fingernail.

• Hmmm physically

being punched in the solarplexus hurts like hell, not only does it hurt but it blows the air right out of you and you can't breath.

getting kicked in the groin by a 200lbs black belt to the point were you want to pass out and then you have to fight in a couple more matches after hurts a ton,

Getting socked in the nose hard enough to make it bleed followed by a follow up punch that actually cut the inside of my mouth hurt quite a bit, burned to, lot of blood /=

O and then there was the time I almost got my arm pulled out of it's socket that hurt to.

Those would be my most painful physical injuries.

Mentally probably.

Severe depression, it will eat away at you until there's nothing left.

Heartbreak, hurts like hell

• Hmm, I had a tooth surgically extracted without anesthetic once - they basically dig out the tooth with a knife, which sucked. It turns out I need like 3-4 times as much anesthetic as the average person, so I could still feel everything.

Another than that, I got a spider bite on my neck once. That was awful, throbbing pain for a few days.

• Getting spanked one time by the older sister of my 'girl friend' when I was 12.

• I had a shirt ironed on my shoulders. I was tied down and I was "educated" anout how the household iron was a symbol of domestic servitude. Then I was quizzed on my lesson and when I got it wrong she ironed more of the shirt. It was both emotionally and physically painful. It was not an experience I would want repeated.

• Kidney Stones, twice.
    ruptured disc in my back. If it wasn't for morphine and percocet, I would not be out of bed.

• When I broke my arm. Hairline pressure fracture right near my wrist.

It didn't hurt all that bad at first, but about two hours later, I started crying because it throbbed so hard, and the people that I was with were absolutely convinced it wasn't broken, and they refused for four solid hours to get me to the hospital.

Fucking assholes.

• Long story short I accidentally dropped a heavy as knife on my thumb. It didn't cut it, it just went straight in at the point and hit the bone. I immediately tried to run to the bathroom but got nauseous and really light headed. I don't even know how to describe the pain, it didn't feel anything like pain that I had experienced before or since. It was short lived though. Around 10 seconds of god awful pain.

• Wisdom tooth pain. OMFG.

• Shot in the back half a dozen times at point blank range playing paintball. That hurt more than a motorcycle crash.

• Fucking failing, I hate it and it's soul destroying.

• Physically: being shot in my hand and arm

Emotionally: watching my friends burn to death and not being able to do anything about it

• Food poisoning. Felt like I was being slowly and repeatedly stabbed in the gut for hours.

• Charlie horse on both legs running along the entire leg.

• Ultimate Frisbee, this dude was going for the frisbee, I had it, he accidentally slips on the wet field and knees me in the thighs so hard, I lose the ability to walk for a week.

• The pain of being a failure

• Building a rock wall I slipped and dropped a rock on my fingertip, shattering the bone and uprooting the whole finger nail.

• Gum infection where my wisdom tooth was

• Physical pain: toothache that spread to behind my right eye. Felt like my skull was being split apart.

Emotional: Was like...85% ready to kill myself.

• Depression

• Toy Story 3.

• Finding out my brother who is 25 died

• Physical pain: Had a kidney stone. Shit is painful as fuck. Way worse than wisdom teeth pain.

• stepping on a lego

• Kidney stones

• took a shit once that damn near split me in two.

• I fell down an entire flight of stairs once.

• When I broke my ankle

• Probably when I tased myself to see what it felt like

• More from Guys
    6